08 ☆ the prettiest flowers

๑ NURTURING PEOPLEIS JUST LIKE FLOWERS

NURTURING PEOPLE
IS JUST LIKE FLOWERS.

the prettiest flowers chapter 08

As the curtains open, Taehyun sits with one leg crossed over the other

As the curtains open, Taehyun sits with one leg crossed over the other. His eyes lift from the laptop in his lap, meeting my gaze. "Looks good, Sorin," Instead of complimenting the model in front of him, he comments on the girl to my right. Standing up, he nods. "You too, Sora."

"Seems a little backhanded, Taehyun," I snicker. Now that Taehyun and I were on this different level of business partners, I kept getting used to saying his name. It actually sounds pretty nice on my tongue. Taehyun, Taehyun, Kang Taehyun–all of a sudden, Sorin gasps. I face her, and she's pointing between her boss and me.

"First name basis... I don't even call CEO Kang like that!" She exclaims, hands on her head in a panic. "Are you guys... dating!? Wow, and to think that one of the rules in the design company was to never date your colleagues, wow... CEO Kang, you of all people, breaking that rule with a model as good as Ms. Kwon–!"

"We are NOT dating," He firmly denies, crossing his arms. Ouch. That hit one of my nerves. I've never had someone reject me so harshly as he did. "Please stop jumping to conclusions like this, Sorin. I find that you do this more often than not. Focus on work, and stay on task!"

"Oh, thank heavens," She then turns to me. "Not in a bad way, Ms. Kwon. I'm just saying, why would you want to go for someone as lowly as CEO Kang? You know, sometimes, I often think he doesn't like women."

"Sorin!" Taehyun roars, making Sorin scatter behind me. He sighs in fury, trying to replace the thoughts that Sorin implanted in his head. "Anyway, Sora, how do you feel about the dress? Tight anywhere? Free enough to move in? Heels aren't too tall or too skinny to walk in?"

I take a few steps for good measure, feeling the stilettos plant perfectly onto the floor. I twirl a bit, back and forth, looking at the vibrant splashes of color on the hems of my gown. "Everything seems okay, nothing too bad. I think I like this."

Taehyun nods once again, hand on his chin. "Good. That'll go to Yanxi. We'll just have to adjust the sizing a bit."

"Yanxi?" Sorin and I remark, my eyes sparkling while Sorin's enlarges. She steps forward, crossing her arms. "Why is Yanxi coming back? After last time, didn't you say that you'd rather have her crawl out of her shell?"