10 ☆ returning to normality

๑ IT WASTIME

IT WAS
TIME.

returning to normality chapter 10

I read through the dozens of emails asking me for my appearance, whether in the crowd or on the runway

I read through the dozens of emails asking me for my appearance, whether in the crowd or on the runway. My eyes tirelessly drag to the 'trash' button, the click of my mouse following with it. It's only been three days since I've left Taedu, and not even my usual fashion therapy could help me. I've been going to my closet, peeling through hangers to find something as mesmerizing as that dress, but nothing can compete with my fascination with his brand.

With him, I suppose.

I've tried shopping for new clothing, blowing everything on indestructible fabric, but no matter what I did, I haven't been myself. Tae– ah, I mean, CEO Kang's words repeat in my head, almost like it's a broken disc. The matter was beyond my simple thoughts of 'move on, it's nothing'; it, in fact, affected me to the point of no return. I had sleepless nights, sad thoughts, and a desire to do absolutely nothing–all because a man pointed out my flaws.

"God," I groan, holding my head. Before I can let out an insult on why people have the audacity to email me with such sass, my secretary comes in, bowing. "What is it?"

"Sorry to interrupt you, Ms. Kwon, but I've been calling you on the phone several times–Mr. Choi would like to speak with you," I look over to my phone, seeing the red button flash its color. I sigh, nodding for her to put him on my line. She bows to oblige. "Again, sorry. I'll transfer him now."

I mumble a 'thanks' and wait a few seconds, eventually picking up the phone. "Good morning, Choi."

"No 'CEO?' No 'Soobin?' Man, Taehyun must've messed you up real bad."

"I have no time to joke around with you at this hour, Soobin. If you're just going to be like this, then–"

"I understand why you're all tight. I heard everything from him, but I oddly can't help but to side with you," At least one person believes in my toxic antics. However, he might be saying this just to achieve a business motive out of me. "However, now that you're out of his touch, you're back to your usual self–cold and money-oriented. Doesn't it strike you how much you change after meeting someone so rival-like, after seeing the kind of life they lived to turn out that way?"