12 ☆ across the room

๑ WHAT AN OCCUPATIONALSUCK UP

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

WHAT AN OCCUPATIONAL
SUCK UP.

across the room chapter 12

Soobin parks his Ford in the line, handing the keys to the valet

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Soobin parks his Ford in the line, handing the keys to the valet. Before he gets out, he turns to me. "What?" I cross my arms, eventually flipping back my hair. "Too beautiful? I know."

He fixes the front strands of my hair, tucking them back before brushing the rest of my hair forward. "You're normal to me. I see you in too much makeup all the time that your beauty doesn't mean much to me anymore," I huff, making Soobin grin. "However, there is one thing that shocks me–that you're wearing my best friend's brand. What's that for?"

"In case he tries to capture me on the red carpet," I reply, opening the door. Soobin joins me in the breeze, the starry night encapsulating us in its blanket. I hook my arm on him, pointing my finger at him. "It's like a warning. A warning to stay away."

"Good try, but men don't look into women that hard. We're straight lines," Soobin lectures, winking. "If anything, that's your invitation for him to get close. Is that your ulterior motive?"

"What? No!" Maybe. I wanted him to shiver at the sight of me wearing something made under his work. If that was the invitation that brought in small talk, hopefully, it becomes something more. "Anyway, you're beginning to piss me off. Should I just walk out of here right now?"

I try to slip away, but his free hand grabs mine inside our arm loop. He pulls me forward, allowing my hand to latch onto his arm. "You can't leave now! What am I going to say to the reporters when the 'too beautiful' girl I claimed to bring has disappeared?"

Psh. What an occupational suck-up. "Really funny, Mr. Choi. Let's head in now."

We take photos on the red carpet, first together, then separately. I know the headliners will be buzzing about us being so close, but me and my PR team (if anything would ever arise between me and that dummy) will say that it's a gift for helping him at his perfume event. After all, the public does know we are good friends.

"Come here," Soobin grabs my phone, pointing to the big sign. "Take a photo!"

"You're so," I pause, shaking my head. Eventually, I succumb to his wishes, posing as he clicks the button, hyping me up every so often to make me smile. He passes me back my phone, perking up the moment someone comes behind us. "Oh, Mr. Choi!"