13 ☆ the han river

๑ IS THERE ANYTHING YOU'D SWIMACROSS THE HAN RIVER FOR?

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU'D SWIM
ACROSS THE HAN RIVER FOR?

the han river chapter 13

I step into the elevator, clutching my bag close to my chest

I step into the elevator, clutching my bag close to my chest. As it closes, I hold a sharp inhale. I know Taehyun already accepted me as the top model, but what would everyone else say? What if Taehyun was lying that Sorin missed me, and was just trying to fulfill her job as many would?

Maybe I'm overdoing myself and asking for too much. Maybe I don't belong here at Taedu.

But, it's too late to turn back. The elevator doors open, and I'm right in front of the Taedu designing room. I stand there for a moment, hesitant, before opening the door. The scene hasn't changed–everyone's still busy, bright, and running around.

Just as I try to sneak by, a pair of eyes catch me.

"Sora!" Sorin squeals at my appearance, her wide glasses and measuring tape around her neck unchanging. She runs up to me and hugs me, tightening her grip the moment I awkwardly laugh. "Oh, I can't believe he convinced you! Oh, wait, am I hugging you too tight?"

"No, no," I hug her back softly, unsure if I'm liking this new skinship. I don't usually embrace people. "You're fine. I need to apologize to you about my behavior last time, though."

"Oh, hush," Taehyun must choose the kindest people. Not everyone takes such negativity and forgets it existed. "Sometimes we get angry and can't control our words. I don't hold it to you."

"Thank you, Sorin," I lean back to take a look at her face, worried. "Hey, but are you growing white hairs? Has Taehyun been working you to death!?"

"Probably. The show is this Wednesday, and we still have to make three more outfits. Unfortunately, we don't work god's magic, so everyone's on high alert," Sorin laughs in regret. "I seriously hate that executive, seriously. Anyway, enough about me and him. You need to try on your dress!"

She brings me into the fitting room, stripping me naked. She sits the ruffle sleeves onto my arms, zipping up the back. As she places things under the dress to make it fall straight down, Sorin begins small talk. "While you were gone," Sorin begins, chuckling. "CEO Kang was asking all of us how to reach you."