Announcement

Hello, everyone! How are you all doing? As the title of this "chapter" says, I have an important announcement in regard to this book, and it may affect all of you in different ways. I started this book on May 17, 2020. That was about two years and five months ago after I joined Wattpad in the month of January in 2020. This is the first book I have written and published on Wattpad. The previous chapter of this book was published on October 15, 2022, which was last year. It has come to me that this book is officially canceled and will no longer be continued in the future. I know. A lot of you will be disappointed, saddened, and even angry at me for discontinuing this book. Honestly, I do not blame you for expressing these emotions or any other negative emotions towards me. You have every right to do so. If I must, I will bear them since I brought this upon myself.

I mentioned a long time ago that I no longer am interested in this book. Let me paraphrase my reasons and add on if I have or have not. This book and its plot make absolutely no sense at all. Even though it is a Kamen Rider crossover with My Hero Academia, it did not really have any ties with the Kamen Rider element as much at the beginning and only came at the last second. It does not feel as connected. When I started this book, I did not think a plot would be that important and focused on only having fun with it. While making fanfiction books is fun, it will no longer be fun if the plot or anything else in them are not compelling, good, or engaging. That also goes when you make certain types of decisions at the last second when there are no foreshadowing or clear explanations. As the year went on, I realized this book was not that great in terms of writing and as a crossover, even though this is my most viewed book and first book.

I would like to add that in my younger years, I followed the same mindset and behaviors as many Wattpad authors and users when they wrote their books. I eventually decided, "No, I don't want to have that mindset anymore. I want to be different and do things that the majority of fanfic authors do not do. I do not want to write my stories based on the herd mentality." If you do not know what herd mentality means, it is basically a type of influence in which you do things or behave because the majority does so. Let me list a few examples of herd mentality that I see a lot in fanfiction nowadays. People write harem books simply because the majority does it in their books. People write isekai books simply because other fanfic authors do so. People include overpowered characters in their books because lots of authors do so.

I chose to abandon that mindset in my early days of writing because there are those certain types of tropes and genres that I kind of have a dislike of fanfiction now, mostly overpowered characters, harem, and isekai. The reasons are because they are unoriginal and not creative. This book could be considered an isekai and have an overpowered protagonist. My OC, named Badoraku Xiong, is overpowered with all of his Kamen Rider powers and has almost no character developments with no backstory whatsoever. He has no flaws or challenges that will give him growth. He barely changed and just went with the flow. He is not an interesting character in any sort of way and kind of bland. He is just a normal boy who gained powers out of nowhere and is just dragged into something that he has a lot of knowledge of, and I did not like that at all. Some of you may say that I can still develop Badoraku in the later chapters to be a better protagonist, but I feel like it is too late.

I want proper crossovers with actual main protagonists from their respective franchise and series, with connected stories or with some similar elements that make sense in a way. I do not mind OC protagonists and characters if I create fanfic books that are not crossovers and only focus on that particular show, movie, video game, or other media. That also applies whether I have an idea of creating fan-made arcs. For most and if not all the time, I want actual main protagonists from their franchise.

Sorry if I also added in some rants along the way in this announcement, but I feel like I just have to let them out so you all can understand how I operate my stories and what I can or cannot tolerate in my stories from now on. Lots of you may not want me to discontinue this and will come begging me to continue writing more chapters for this book. You may still like this book, but I do not anymore. Do not convince me to continue and bring this back. This might make you think I do not care about what you guys feel or have to say about this book, but only with this exception, this is more about me than you guys.

In case you guys still have a fond and still want to reread this book, I am leaving this up rather than deleting it just so this does not hurt any of you more than it does with this announcement. If you want to ask me for permission to somehow adopt this into your own or if you want me to reboot this book, I highly recommend you not to because of what I pointed out. Although I might create different My Hero Academia crossovers with independent Kamen Rider shows and even Super Sentai shows. Despite my fondness with Japanese superhero shows or tokusatsu in general, there are some that I am not that much of a fan, so do not get too much expectation from me.

You can still check my other two books that I like more and found more interesting to do and are very different from this book, but I doubt that some of you may share the same interests, and that is fine. I cannot force you to read something you are not that interested in and are not appealed to. I admit that I did have fun writing this when I was still amateur and new, but as I matured, it is no longer fun for me and not compelling anymore because of how poor the writing was and how I merely wrote this book based on herd mentality. Well, it has been a long journey with this book, and one last time, I am really sorry that this book has to end in an unfortunate yet disappointing way and not properly completed. This will serve me as a reminder to not discontinue my other stories, to not do what I did in the past, and to become a better author and writer.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you guys have a great rest of your day.