Bonus: Code's crazy calamities

Code

You know those awkward moments when someone asks you what you're thinking but you were just blankly staring ahead thinking about those dry cookies shaped like fish and how great it'd be to have a bucket or three? I was in one of those situations right now.

Jill had just asked me this question while we were both playing some weird Disney game intended for little kids. We were sitting on the floor in my room with our backs against my bed when all of a sudden fish cookie thoughts started invading my mind.

"Mfbikinis." I blurted out. Jill didn't believe me and she knew I knew.

Just like I thought she would, she just shrugged. "Well stop it, you suck at this game." She answered me with a sly smile.

"You suck at this game." I muttered, causing her to snort and poke me with her elbow.

"Gross, keep your elbow greases away from me." I exclaimed.

"Elbow greases? Really?" She laughed.

We continued playing for a while after a short discussion about people not being able to lick their own elbows. We tried. We failed.

During the game she grabbed her phone because she'd received a text. I just kept playing but when I looked, I noticed she was having a hard time. She masked it within seconds and continued playing like nothing had happened.

It must've been her stupid ex again.

They'd broken up a few months ago and apparently the guy decided the best way to get Jill back was to stalk her. She didn't say a lot about it but I could tell she was having a hard time due to small changes in her eating habits. If the girl doesn't eat a snack every two hours, you know something's up.

We finished the game and she left soon after. She acted like herself but I knew her, something wasn't right. I noticed she was heading towards junkie park and I decided to go and sneak up on her since she was probably gonna have a smoke or something like that.

When I got there, I saw Jill sitting against a tree with her head resting on her knees and her hands firmly planted in her hair. Her shoulders were shaking and I had a suspicion it wasn't because she was laughing. Crap, I couldn't deal with people crying. I could handle positive emotions and awkward situations especially when they were created by me on purpose, but I couldn't handle tears.

I guess Tobin had done more harm to her than I'd thought. I figured she was okay since she was the one who dumped his ass but the stalking really needed to stop.

For my sake and for Jill's sake, I decided to give her some space and headed back home. I'd been out of my room for more than thirty minutes when it wasn't necessary and that was really pushing it.

I couldn't focus on my game and I couldn't bug Chase by rubbing a banana peel on his face because he was at school.

There was only one thing left to do; a mission.

I needed my best friend back in her previous condition and since I couldn't handle tears, come on, it's eye fluid, who wouldn't be freaked out? Anyway, maybe I could tackle the source. Unless he was acting like a blubbering baby too. Then I'd have a problem.

I grabbed a pen and a piece of paper, I believed it was a homework assignment I wasn't planning on doing, and started writing. At least I wanted to write but I hadn't actually had an idea yet. Twenty minutes later, I'd written 'Mission: detective Code' and had drawn myself as a detective although it looked more like Robert Downey Jr.