I didn't know you were gonna lick the guy

"Draw me like one of your French girls." I sighed dramatically.

"Very original, Jill." Gwen rolled her eyes.

I was at Gwen's place. She had to draw a portrait for her Art class but she could choose in what style. I didn't take Art. If you'd ask me to draw a tree, you'd think a seven year old had drawn it.

I'm not even exaggerating.

"Whatever, just make me pretty." I was sitting on the couch, making myself comfortable. Gwen had said it could take a while.

"Well, your hair looks pretty, so there's that." Gwen's sister had dyed my hair because the color was beginning to fade. She had also dyed Gwen's roots. Her hair was still like cotton candy, in case you were wondering.

I watched Gwen as she took a pencil and started sketching. Obviously I couldn't see what she was sketching but it looked professional, I guess. I had no idea if Gwen was any good.

"You can always tell me about your date last weekend." Gwen looked up, studied my face for a few seconds and then focused back on the paper in front of her.

"For fuck's sake man, we've already been over this!" My first date with Chase was last weekend and on Sunday Kate wanted details. I had called Gwen and we both went to my dad's place so I wouldn't have to tell the story twice.

Now Gwen was asking again? It wasn't that interesting.

"But it's so cute and you hate talking about it that's why I keep asking. When's the second date?" Gwen had stopped drawing for a second to see what I was gonna say.

"I don't know, it's only Tuesday." A part of me wanted to know. Well, I didn't necessarily want another date, just hanging out would be enough.

"You haven't heard from Chase since last weekend?" Gwen looked shocked but resumed drawing.

"Of course I have." We just hadn't talked about another date. We did have an hour long conversation about flamingos for some reason.

Gwen smirked "Tell me Jill, do you guys talk every day?"

"I guess so." I sighed. To think about it, we had been texting pretty much every day and obviously I'm often at his place because of Code.

Now I had to divide my attention it seemed. Yesterday I went over to Code's but Chase wasn't there. But what if he was? I couldn't ditch Code for Chase but I couldn't just make small talk and then leave to Code's room either. It seemed odd.

"I bet he's great in the sack." Gwen snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I wouldn't know Gwen." Gwen gave me a look that said 'oh but you will'

"Soon." She said eventually, making me snort. Right.

"And when it happens, I want details." She wiggled her eyebrows.

She knew I wouldn't give her details. I never had. She did though. Whenever she hooked up she'd walk me through it and it was highly disturbing.

"We'll see when the time comes." I brushed her off.

"Ha! You said 'when' not 'if'. It's so gonna happen." I rolled my eyes. That girl only had one thing on her mind.

"You should ask when the next date is. Text him now!"

I sighed and grabbed my phone. When I did, it buzzed, indicating I had just received a text.

"That's telepathy only soulmates can have." I laughed at Gwen's remark.

I clicked on the text and noticed it was from Tobin. Damn it, he was doing so well, leaving me alone for months. And now, out of thin air, he started texting again. Maybe Jacob had mentioned seeing me.