Were you guys sniffing glue earlier?

"Speaking of Code, where is he?" Snake asked all of a sudden.

I snorted. "We weren't talking about Code at all."

I was moaning about the abscence of chocolate in my life because I ate all of it yesterday. Snake had started quoting Forrest Gump before he asked the most random question ever.

"Sure we were. Chocolate, Forrest Gump, Tom Hanks, Da Vinci Code, Code. Simple." Snake shrugged.

My jaw dropped and I think Jake was doing something similar.

"That was the most intelligent thing you've ever said." Jake said in awe. I nodded like a braindead zombie, my facial expression hadn't changed.

Snake rolled his eyes. "Very funny. I can do smart."

Jake and I started laughing while Snake pouted like a little child.

"Sure you can." I said while patting his back.

"He's probably ditching again." Jake said.

Jake could've been speaking Chinese for all I cared. What the hell was wrong with these guys today?

Was it brainfart-day? If it were I'd lost my invitation.

"Were you guys sniffing glue earlier? I'm lost here." I raised my hands in surrender.

"Code, Jill. I was talking about Code." Jake explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Well, it wasn't pal.

"Oh. I was ready to ignore you for making a random comment." Snake said. Apparently we both weren't part of the conversation anymore.

Jake facepalmed. "Idiots." He mumbled in his hand.

"We could check if he's here." I suggested. "What class does he have this period?"

"English, I think." Jake answered.

"I thought you had English with Code?" Snake asked.

"Yeah, so?" Jake frowned.

Obviously he wouldn't know what class he had.

"I'll go check." If I didn't do anything, these idiots would be standing there all day.

I walked to the second floor. The guys followed in their own lazy way. They stayed a few feet behind. You'd think they'd catch up easily since their legs are much longer. Nope, they were just shoving each other against some lockers because obviously they figured they could lose a few more braincells.

When I got to Code's class I figured the fastest way was just to look in. And since there were no windows, I'd have to take a look from the inside.

Without knocking I barged in, asking "Is Code here?"

"Shouldn't you be in class miss?" A middle aged woman with a bad fake tan asked. Her voice made me want to shave my hair so I could strangle myself with it.

"Please don't answer my question with a question." I stated absentmindedly while looking around. A few people were suppressing their laughs while others just looked confused.

"He's not here and you better get back to your own class young lady unless you want detention." The weird teacher lady said.

"He's not? Damn." I said, ignoring the rest of her little rant. "Oh hey Ronan!" I waved when I noticed him sitting there, utterly bored.

"Hi Jill the thrill!" He winked.

"Ronan!" The teacher yelled. She was annoying me already.

"Oops." Ronan answered, earning a few chuckles from the rest of the class. I had almost forgotten he was a jock. Jocks are popular.