Always have a secret food stash at various places

Wake up. Grab a brush and put a little makeup.

I groaned. Even System of a down couldn't wake me up properly. I decided to get out of bed anyway. Well, it's not like I had any choice. I had school. Boo.

On the bright side, it was Friday. By the end of the day it would be weekend. Weekend equals freedom. Unfortunately, I still had the entire day ahead of me.

I took a quick shower, using my favorite shampoo. It made me smell like peaches.

After my hair and makeup I grabbed a dark blue skinny jeans and a white tshirt that said WTF Where's the food. Yes, pretty much everything in my life was food related. Don't judge me.

After putting on some dark grey converse shoes I headed downstairs. I caught my mom humming along with a song on the radio.

It made me glad. Not because she seemed in a good mood but because she was only humming. Not singing. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom. But she couldn't sing to save her life.

Neither could I. We weren't blessed with amazing vocal chords. I could make a great imitation of a dying cat, that should count for something, right?

My dad, on the other hand, could sing quite well. Once he told me that in college he and his mates were talking about starting a band called The Singing Lawyers. That's so cringeworthy.

Luckily, they were drunk when this conversation happened. That explained a lot. Plus, I was very relieved to hear they weren't sober when they had that excellent idea.

"Aw, I'm so glad you're not actually singing." I cooed while grabbing some cereal and milk to start my breakfast ritual.

"Well, your ears already have to endure an entire day of torture at school so I'm being a considerate mom." Wow, she really understood how schools worked. It was nice to have such a considerate mom.

I rolled my eyes and started poking my cereal with a spoon.

"I want a sick day. Let's go shopping!" I'd convinced my mom to do this once. Unfortunately, I think it was a once in a lifetime kinda thing. Didn't stop me from trying though.

We had fun. She called us both in sick and we went shopping. Then she noticed someone from work on the other side of a shop and we hid behind a clothing rack until the coast was clear. After shopping we went to the movies and we were being very loud and obnoxious.

Since it was the middle of the day, no one was in the movie theater so we could just talk out loud without people judging us.

Seriously, that was such a fun day.

"Aw man I wish I could!" She was pouting like a little kid that was being punished. I knew we weren't gonna have a sick day. Work was too busy for her right now.

School was still the same boring thing. Sucks to be me.

"It's cool, I can just skip school with my friends, don't worry." I shot her a mischievous grin.

She laughed and shook her head. "Don't even try."

I didn't skip classes often. Maybe once a month and rarely an entire day. I've never told my mom but she's not stupid so it wouldn't surprise me if she knew. I guess we had a silent agreement that everything was fine as long as my grades stayed up.

I could live with that.

"I gotta run, clean up your mess before you leave." She patted my head and grabbed her keys. A few seconds later I heard the door shut.

Yes, she patted my head. Apparently, I'm not only her daughter but also her pet.

After I'd finished my breakfast I put the bowl and spoon in the dishwasher and grabbed my jacket.