I'm the picture of sophistication

I woke up with a dry throat. I didn't want to open my eyes yet but forced myself anyway. Memories of yesterday started flooding back. I smiled. The party had been a lot of fun.

I rubbed my eyes and looked at the time. It was noon. I was actually proud of myself because I'd thought it was way in the afternoon.

Water. I need water. It felt like I'd been roaming the desert last night. I slowly walked downstairs. "Jill is that you?"

No, it's my twin sister who also happens to live here. Of course it was me. Great question mom. I wanted to say yes but there was no sound coming out of my mouth.

I went to the living room where my mom was sitting so she could see me. I groaned when she didn't look up. It wasn't one of my usual groans. This one sounded like a strangled cat.

My mom looked at me and started laughing.

"I hope you don't feel as bad as you look" She started laughing harder. It's great being someone's source of entertainment.

I went to the kitchen and got a bottle of water. I was drinking as if my life depended on it and then I almost choked on water when I saw my mom appearing in the corner of my eye. People shouldn't make sudden movements when I'm in this state.

When I looked at my mom she had a huge grin on her face.

"Don't say anything" My voice sounded normal again. I touched my hair and shuddered. I definitely needed a shower.

"You smell gross, go shower" I smelled my hair. Oh big mistake. My mom was clearly enjoying this.

"So I take it the party was fun? Or is it all a blur?" She narrowed her eyes.

This was her subtle way of asking how drunk I was. She didn't like it when I'd drink but she said that since I'm a teenager it's normal to experiment. We'd had a talk about it a few years back. I'd promised I wouldn't go too far and she said she would trust me.

If I broke that trust I had to live like a nun the rest of my underaged years.

I hadn't broken her trust. I mean, I had been drunk a few times but nothing too dramatic.

"It was a lot of fun. Snake loved his present and no mom I wasn't drunk" She looked satisfied with my answer.

"Good! So I was thinking you and I could spend the day together?" I didn't really feel like doing anything else but breathing today but she'd been so busy lately that these kind of days seemed rare. I couldn't pass it up.

"Sure. I'm gonna head to Code's first to give him his keys back but I won't stay since he's probably gonna sleep the entire day"  I yawned.

My mom raised an eyebrow "So he had a great night then?" I chuckled.

"He was really drunk. He fell asleep on the way back, I had to open the door so Snake could throw him on his couch. Snake had to carry him bridal style on the way back it was so funny! I'll show you the picture" I started laughing, thinking about it. I still needed to send that picture to everyone.

Mom was smiling too, shaking her head "You can show me later, first go to Code so I can claim you for the rest of the day. No wait. Take a shower first"

I was glad I hadn't looked in the mirror yet. "Fine I get it. Shower, Code, picture, mom day" I stretched and headed upstairs.

Oh I see now. I'd forgotten to wash my face last night. Even a panda would be proud of me right now, I looked gross. My hair was in knots and I looked a little pale.

Such a contrast with yesterday.

I took a long, hot shower. Taking my time to wash my hair and scrub my face and body. I ended my shower when I felt a bit more awake and I smelled like peaches. By that time the warm water was running out. Needless to say it took me a while to look decent again.