Really Old Yogurt Grows Bad In Vanilla

"Alright then. Any questions?" I was standing in front of my class and I had just finished - and nailed - my presentation for my history project about laws. For the creative bit I had searched crazy laws people used to have and I made up some of my own and let the rest of my class guess which ones were real.

A few laws had earned me some chuckles, needless to say I had rocked this project. The teacher seemed happy with it too. I wouldn't get my grade until everyone had finished their presentations so it could take a few weeks.

"Yeah. Why did you choose this subject since you're, like, always the one breaking the laws anyway?" Some random girl asked. I didn't remember her name but I knew she was one of Tasha's minions. She was probably enjoying this moment so much and already imagining the pat on the back she'd get from her queen bee.

I felt sorry for the girl.

Well, no, not really.

I could see the teacher opening his mouth to intervene but I beat him to the punch.

"You can't break laws if you don't even know them, silly girl." Not that I was a delinquent or anything. That's just what my school thinks. They think I stay out of juvie because daddy's a lawyer. Right. He'd throw me in there himself if I'd do something stupid. They'd obviously never met my dad.

"So you admit you break laws, like, all of the time?" The girl said while twirling her hair. Yes. She was actually twirling her hair.

"No, I'm just stating the obvious. I figured someone had to spell it out for you." Did she really think she'd get some confession from me? My intelligence took a blow there.

The girl looked confused. I had to bite my lip in order to keep my face neutral. What the hell was she doing in AP History? Did she get lost on her way to her actual class and just settled for the first classroom she encountered? Or was she just playing dumb?

"I don't get it." She said. Well, at least she had the balls to admit this conversation was way beyond her comprehension.

"My point exactly." I said. A few people tried to hide their laughs. Of course it was forbidden to laugh at a queen bee minion. They were all going to hell. Social hell, that is.

"That's enough Winny and Jill." So that was her name. The teacher didn't sound angry or anything. Heck, I'd go out on a limb and say he looked amused.

"Are there other questions for Jill?" Oh, right. I was technically still doing my presention. Nobody said anything so I took a seat.

Well, that was fun.

I wasn't one of those people that dreaded doing presentations. I didn't get nervous or anything because it was just a high school presentation. I was biased though. I'd heard my mom practice her presentations for Harvard and the congress a few times so a little history presentation didn't seem so important.

After me it was Matthew's turn. It was tough seeing that. He was extremely nervous and he struggled speaking coherent sentences.

Luckily he was the last one and after that school was over. My mom had told me she didn't have to work too late tonight so we could catch up.

She'd been home for a few days now but work was still busy. I figured she'd get a little more time off since her presentation was over but apparently those people were impressed by the results and she's now leading the longitudinal study.

Basically she got more funding so now they were gonna research the long term effects of her study, hence making it longitudinal.

We hadn't had the opportunity to properly catch up with each other because of that.