The rest could suck my thumb

Taking care of Chase was a lot of fun. I could honestly say I'd never had that much ice cream before. Ever. And I loved every second of it.

Chase would take over from me when he noticed I'd stopped feeding him and started feeding himself. Yep, you read that right, I was feeding him. Because apparently your arms don't work after a tonsillectomy.

I swear when I get sick I'm gonna be the worst patient ever just to spite him. That'll teach him. Even though I secretely enjoyed a recovering Chase but I'd never admit that.

Plus, being there gave me the perfect opportunity to get Chase back. I hadn't forgotten the cat poo incident.

Whenever Chase got tired or something I went downstairs and trained Bus. I was teaching him some weird commands. Code and I had brainstormed about the commands an entire evening. After I'd convinced Code that I couldn't turn Bus into a transformer we actually got somewhere.

I couldn't wait to see Chase's reaction and it pained me deeply that I probably wouldn't be there when it happened. When you said 'good boy' to Bus he'd sniff your crotch. It worked on me and Code so I was pretty sure it would work on Chase.

I was still working on another command. When you tell Bus to 'stop' he'd run a circle around you. It's random but it needed to be words that Chase'd say often and the commands had to be simple. Bus almost perfected it but I still had some time to practice with him.

I really had bonded with the dog. The prank had bit me in the ass though. Whenever he succeeded I had the urge to say 'good boy' but then he'd sniff my crotch. Funny, but inconvenient.

I left the house quietly because Chase thought I'd already left. It was still early but he was going back to school tomorrow so he needed his rest.

I was looking forward to some me-time. I had been spending my days with the guys and taking care of Chase. Sometimes a girl just wants to be alone, you know?

Nothing a long hot shower couldn't fix. I didn't bother to put clothes on after that. An oversized shirt was really the best way to go.

Online shopping could be very relaxing. Well, it was more like window shopping. Or Windows shopping. Get it? Ugh, I'll see myself out. That wasn't my finest moment.

"Ow" I felt a sharp pain on my head. What the hell? A pebble was lying innocently next to me. Someone had thrown a pebble at me? I should really close my window.

Another pebble shot through the room, almost destroying my lamp in the process.

Ah yes, another normal day for me.

I went to the window to see who the hell was abusing me with pebbles.

It was Jake and he had another pebble in his hand.

"Whoa! Drop the pebble!" I yelled. I couldn't see his bike. Weird.

"Took you long enough." It was meant to come out playfully but it was clear something was up.

"You know cell phones exist right?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't have it on me." He shrugged. "So are you gonna let me in or what?"

It felt safer to talk to him this way since my head was still very angry with the pebble but I decided to be nice. Wow, I really had gone soft.

I sighed and went downstairs to open the door for Jake.

"I'm relieved. For a second there I was thinking you were gonna ignore me." Jake smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Come in you dweeb." I went back to my room. I figured Jake'd follow me.