Is it possible to OD on cookies?

The drive to school wasn't that long. It usually took me ten minutes and blasting some Bad Religion made it go by way too fast. I needed some loud music to wake me up. Keep in mind that I had to sacrifice half an hour of my precious sleep.

After I found a parking spot I headed inside. I was barely on time. Finding a parking spot when you're a little late is not the easiest thing.

I'd always leave the house at the last moment so being late was something that happened more often than I'd like to admit. But I swear it's only because it was hard to find a parking spot!

Today, I made it on time. Barely. I guess I could always bribe teachers with cookies.

Not gonna happen. Ever. Food is sacred. Food must not be shared with evil people that give you homework.

My first class was math. My feelings towards math are neutral. With math it's like people love it or hate it with a passion, there's no middle ground. I'm the exception I guess.

I went to my locker to get my books. The halls were already clearing. Yawning I made my way to class.

"It's monday morning and Jill is on time? It's a miracle!" You'd think a student said that right? Wrong. It was my teacher. He's a middle aged man with big glasses and brown curly hair. He looked like an old science nerd to be honest.

I could imagine he was one of those embarrassing dads. He wanted his students to call him George. Was there ever a teacher in history that wanted their pupils to call them by their first name? He tried to be cool and be 'one of us'. The fact that he was a math teacher made it impossible.

"I know! Do I get a sticker now?" I asked with a fake enthusiasm. FYI, he was exaggerating. I was usually on time. Well... on Monday it was kind of a 50/50 chance.

"Nope. I'd say you don't have to do your homework but you don't do that anyway so..." He gave me a very judgy look. I didn't believe in homework. I mean, I paid attention in class and I got the material, that should be enough.

Okay well I didn't always pay attention in class. Especially this one, since, you know, it was Monday morning.

I've learned that teachers didn't really care if you do your homework as long as your grades are high enough. Luckily I was blessed with smart parents. And apparantly smart parents make smart babies. At least, in my case.

"Right. I'm gonna take a seat now." I had to remove myself from the situation before it got awkward. Like I said, George wanted to fit in and I didn't feel like making small talk.

Sighing I went to the back and sat down. I didn't have friends in this class so this was gonna be boring.

My classes were all advanced. Yep, that was because of the smart genes. Is it cocky to call yourself smart? I think it's because of my good memory. When I'm in class I only have to hear something once and then it's locked in that little head of mine. Even when I wasn't really paying attention, somehow I'd remember. And it's not like the material was hard or anything. I just got it.

In elementary school it was worse. They'd asked me to skip a grade. My parents encouraged me to do so but they said it was my decision. I didn't really want to. I had all my friends in my class and the 'older' kids kinda scared me. Hey, don't judge me, I was like nine years old.

I'm very grateful I'd decided not to skip a year because if I had, that would mean I'd be in college right now. Something I definitely wasn't ready for.

Oh god I'm going to sound like a geek right now but I liked a lot. I think I'm a mix of my parents. Like I'd said before, my mom is a lab rat. She loves science. So do I. Especially biology and chemistry. My dad, on the other hand, is the head of a law firm. I think law is pretty interesting too.