Chapter 2: Barb Leander

When they all walked on the hallways carrying their books, the girls stopped on their way where they saw their classmate Morna putting some christmas ornaments in a christmas tree, "Morna, How are you? What are you doing?" Holly asked.

"Putting the ornaments in the christmas tree, Holly. Principal Kendra ordered me to decorate the whole school!" Morna replied.

"This is so nice!"

"That's a coincidence! Every year we put christmas ornaments with my family!" said Lisa.

"And I'll ask every person to not act like Ebenezer Scrooge!" said Mallory.

"I always wished anything for christmas, Y'all! Somethin' cool like a green spray can! I wished for a green spray can to create christmas graffiti and spread the joy, Yo!" stated Portia.

"Portia, you're gonna end up on the naughty list," said Vivian, "You'll get a charcoal on your christmas sock!"

"Charcoal is for naughty kids, dawg!"

Morna giggled as she has put the colored lights around the christmas tree, "Girls, please. Christmas time is coming! What do you want for christmas?"

"I want, I want, I want-"

"Please! Don't bother me! I don't like christmas!" said a voice coming from the exterior of the school, which surprised Lisa, Holly and her friends.

"What did I say?" Vivian asked before Maureen elbowed her, "Ow!"

"Girls, look!" Holly pointed her finger at a teenage girl with yellow citrine shirt and byzantine blue jeans.

Barb Leander was a teenage girl who lost her grandfather years ago and went into a big problem; She is troubled, despised christmas and the christmas traditions. She dealed with the loss of her grandfather who loved christmas and never had a chance to celebrate christmas. Lisa, Holly and the girls stood still in shock as they watched her walking to the school lockers.

"Barbara Leander?" The rag doll looked confused.

"Then, let's talk to and tell her if she is doing anything for christmas!" Verena went towards Barb.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Lisa stopped her by grabbing the cuff of her shirt, "Verena! When Barb used to celebrate christmas with her grandfather and her family, she ended up being like this!"

"Yeah! See her?"

The three girls watched Barb placing her books when a student tried to cheer her up, only to whack him in the face, "Oh, my..." The blonde girl looked pretty shocked.

"What is she going to do? Say, "Bah, humbug!"? Mallory crossed her arms.

"Some people tried to say "Merry Christmas!"" Bailey stated as she watched Barb crossing her arms, not caring to give her classmates a happy holiday, "And she ended up on the naughty list for years. What about me? Am I going to be on the naughty list?"

"No, Bailey. Relax, let's go to the classroom," Holly told her.

Later, the classroom was decorated with christmas ornaments. Lisa, Holly and their friends were seated on their seats, discussing about their plans for holiday, "Girls, just imagine what are we going to do on winter break!" She explained.

"Really, what is going to be?" said Maureen.

"Tell us, girls!" said Nikki.

"We'll throw snowballs at each other, we'll decorate everybody's houses to lift people's spirits!" Lisa exclaimed happily.

"Oh, yeah? It's like that, Y'all! I'm gonna lift people's spirits with christmas graffiti!" Portia has put her hands on her hips.

"Well, fer sure, I'll decorate my house with christmas ornaments, including that inflatable balloon of Frosty the snowman!" said Vivian, "Like, Frosty is a jolly happy soul with a corncob pipe, a button nose, a magic hat and two eyes made of coal!"

The girls laughed as Holly stared at Barb. She adjusted her hair and went towards her classmate, "Gee, Barb, you don't believe what christmas means to you. But, there are christmas gifts, christmas trees, decorations, a delicious turkey and snowflakes falling!" Holly pulled out a christmas party popper and pulled its string when some small strips of snowflakes popped out of it.

"Please, rag doll! I don't like christmas! And do you think I'm gonna waste my time celebrating that stupid holiday?!" Barb scowled in disgust.

"Oh, Barb, you never had a rag doll because Santa Claus put you on the naughty list," Holly tried to reassure her.

"Oh, C'mon! Just leave me alone! Christmas is a stupid thing!"

"Stupid thing?" Vivian was confused.

"Ugh....What is she expecting? Santa Claus' daughter?" Nikki looked unimpressed.

The rag doll, not buying it, sighed, "Okay, Barb. Someday we'll prove you wrong!" She said before talking to the troubled girl again, "And anyway, It's Holly!"

"Allright, class! We're on december! Do you know what christmas means?" said Ms. Forrester, who came to the classroom.

"Means about money!" said Heather.

"Means about joy and cheerfulness!" Holly replied her question.

"Yeah, like she said!" said Lisa.

"That's nice, Holly! What about you, Barb? Barb?"

"Have yourself a Merry Happy whatever, teacher!" Barb crossed her arms.

"Barb, this is christmas and you gotta understand it!" Ms. Forrester scolded her for her rudeness.

"Yeah, Barb! You can't spend your time giving a merry happy whatever to everyone!" said Marcy.

"Ah, shut up!"

"Remember that now! It's Christmas! Let's put ya on the nice list!" said Portia.

"Be quiet, porcelain doll!" Barb blew a raspberry at her.

Hours later, after class ended, Holly was sitting in the grandstand of the school stadium, creating a drawing of herself and her friends celebrating christmas. She stared at Barb playing a video game handheld system while sitting under a tree before creating a drawing of hers among her friends. Lisa, along with Maureen, Verena, Mallory, Nikki, Portia, Bailey and Vivian, sat next to her, "Holly, what are you doing all alone sitting in the grandstand of the stadium?" She asked.

"Creating a drawing of Barb, Lisa. She never celebrated christmas and all she had to do is say Merry Happy Whatever," Holly explained.

"Not gonna lie, girl. All that she wanna give is the W word to them," Portia remarked.

"Merry christmas, Barb!" a nerdy girl gave her.

"Merry Happy Whatever!" Barb resumed playing her video game.

"That's how she looks like, dawg. That homegirl needs to have a lifestyle. If she keeps it trill, she needs to become the super Barb Leander!"

"That's right, Portia! With a spark of cheerfulness, she is gonna love it!"

"Well, I-I don't think she would change," said Bailey.

"Her christmas spirit shall be lifted!" said Mallory.