Chapter 10: Portia's christmas graffiti art

Hours later, after school, Lisa, Holly and their friends went to the Krog Street Tunnel, where Portia has created a graffiti version of themselves as gingerbread cookies with the word "nice" below them and the word "naughty" below Barb as a gingerbread cookie. They were astonished that they found themselves as cookies, "This is so nice, Portia. The gingerbread cookies are so exciting!" Holly stated, "And what's the best part?"

"Girl, I have the best part! Follow me!" Portia adjusted her baseball cap and lectured her friends to follow her.

The girls went to the other side of the tunnel, where it was also spray painted with christmas symbols. Maureen saw a graffiti version of Santa jumping down to the chimney of a house intending to put a christmas gift below the tree. She felt amazed that she wished that Santa would enter into her house and deliver something to her.

"If Santa comes to my house, I wanna know what it's going to be!" She exclaimed.

"What is going to be, Maureen?" Holly continued.

"Tell us!" said Lisa.

"I wish for a clarinet for christmas and play every pop music with it!"

"A clarinet? This is great, Maureen!"

"That's the Maureen I know!"

"And I wish for a new hair brush!" said Vivian, "A hair brush that sounded, like, perfect!"

"Girls, I wish for a compilation album of Holly's songs!" said Verena, "It's gonna be so great!"

"Hey, girls! Over here on Waddell Street!" Mallory shouted as she gestured her friends to take a look where she saw, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!"

"The red-nosed reindeer?" Holly was amazed, "I love it! This sounded great!"

"I wish for a snow globe with a music box inside and that reindeer!"

"Hey, girls! What does this button do?" Bailey pushed a button, which glowed the Rudolph statue's nose red, to her surprise, "His nose glows!"

The girls were initially amazed at the sight of the statue. But, when the rag doll looked up to the sky, she realized it is still morning and kindly pushed the button, which turned the statue's nose off. They left the house and walked away where they saw everything related to christmas. They were impressed as they saw a man putting christmas light around his house and smiled before leaving. Then, when they arrived at Montgomery Street, Vivian's mother, Gail, returned after buying christmas gifts. She bumped to her daughter and looked surprised, "Hi, mom! I was just seeing things on Waddell Street".

"Vivian, if you're too kind, will you help me to put the christmas stockings?" said Gail.

"I'm gonna put the christmas stockings, girls," Vivian told them as she went back to her house.

Later, back to the Lawrence family house, Lisa, Holly, Maureen, Verena, Mallory, Nikki, Portia and Bailey went inside where Emma has created christmas sweaters and headwear, "Mom! What are these?"

"Christmas sweaters, Lisa. Your grandmother used to create them when I was a kid," said Emma as she picked up a Santa Hat, "Here, put it on."

"Cool!" The brunette picked up the Santa hat and put it on her head, "Look at that!"

"The Santa hats are cool!" Holly complimented her Santa hat as well.

"I love the hat, even the Mistletoe," Nikki blushed a little.

Bailey and Mallory has put two christmas sweaters over their own shirts. But, they realized that the first sweater was red with green stripes and the other blue with a snowman on it, "I love that blue sweater, may I try it?" She said.

"Right, I like the striped one!" said Mallory as she has put the striped sweater while the petite girl has put the blue sweater.

"Look at that red sweater, Y'all! It's different from my sweater and that cap is different from my cap!" Portia looked impressed.

"Are we going to wear these on christmas eve?" Maureen stared at her white sweater with two red stripes and a christmas tree on the middle.

"Of course, girls! We're still on tuesday and we have thirteen days until the christmas eve and fourteen days until christmas," Emma explained.

"Thirteen days?! Oh my gosh!" Holly was surprised.

"Hey, girls! Look! I'm a reindeer!" Verena pointed to a reindeer headband on her head, "Am I going to wear this on christmas eve too?"

"Not yet, Verena!" Holly removed the headband from her female friend's head.

"And this one?" Bailey picked up a red sweater with white cuffs and a collar, "Resembled more than a Santa sweater!"

"That sweater belongs to Vivian, Bailey."

"She still haven't wore that sweater, girl," stated Lisa.

"Mrs. Lawrence, may I talk to you?" Holly talked to Emma, "This month, my friend from school, Barb is not helping on christmas! She thinks that christmas is annoying!"

At the Leander family residence, Barb was arguing with her father, "That rag doll was trying to put me on the nice list, Dad! They are manipulating me with their lies!"

"Barb, this is nonsense!" Mr. Leander felt skeptical, "The girls that have you met are not manipulators, but..."

"Her grandfather died and she is still lacking her christmas spirit!" said Emma.

"Of course she is! She wants to spend time playing-"

"Video games! Every year, I like to play video games!"

"Barb, do you want to spend your whole life-"

"Hating christmas? That's so sad."

"That's what I said," Holly sighed a bit, "She is a classmate of ours, Mrs. Lawrence."

"Barb felt pretty disappointed that she lost her grandfather," Emma stated.

"His name is Leisen, mom," said Lisa.