Chapter 18: The christmas dinner / The christmas morning

The two girls have put their santa hats and nodded in each other determinedly. Verena combed her hair and placed her reindeer headband before smiling in satisfaction, Mallory has put her striped sweater while the other girls has put their christmas sweaters as well. Barb has put her santa hat on her head and glared at her reflection, who gave her a friendly fist bump on the hand. Nikki has put her santa hat with the mistletoe on her head while Portia has put her red baseball cap. After being dressed for the christmas eve, the girls, including Clary, encountered each other on the Krog street tunnel. They laughed happily when they found excited for the day that they always wished for.

"That's the day that we always wanted, girls! The christmas eve!" said Lisa.

"Santa will show up and give us the christmas presents!" said Holly.

"I never felt excited in my entire life!" said Barb.

"Like, pretty exciting!" said Vivian.

"I'm glad that Santa-bro is comin' to town!" said Portia.

"Allright!" Bailey, Verena, Mallory and Nikki exclaimed.

"Barb, your grandpa would be so happy how nice you are," Holly playfully punched her.

"Oh, please, Holly," Barb blushed.

Later that night, Lisa and Holly saw the whole house being decorated and the table of the living room filled with christmas dinner, including the roast turkey. The two girls squealed happily before they listened to the sound of the doorbell being rang. They answered the door to see Maureen, along with Dina and their parents, "Maureen! Just in time!" said Holly.

"Merry christmas, Holly!" Maureen went inside the house.

"Hello, Dina!" Lisa patted Dina on the head.

"Hi, Lisa!" Dina greeted her.

"I'm so impressed!"

When they allowed Maureen's family to enjoy the christmas time, Carl and Emma opened the door to see the rest of the Lawrence family, including Bert, Maury, Doris and the cousins.

"Happy holidays, uncle Carl!" said Moe.

"Happy holidays to you too, Moe," said Carl.

"Hello, aunt Emma," said Samarah.

"Hello, Samarah," said Emma.

Nikki, Portia, Bailey, along with their friends and families, went inside the house and greeted the Lawrence family, "Merry Christmas!" They all said happily.

"Merry Christmas, Lisa and Holly," said Verena.

"This is pretty cool! The christmas dinner!" said Lanny.

"Check it out, Mrs. Frobisher! Gingerbread cookies!" Nikki gave Gail a gingerbread cookie.

"That's pretty delicious, Nikki," stated Gail.

"Hey, dawg! Aren't you goin' to go insane?" said Portia.

"What? No, why do you think that I'm going insane, homegirl?" said Barb as she and the porcelain doll laughed.

"This year is the best year! I'm gonna cry tears of joy someday!" said Bailey as she licked a candy cane.

"Here, buddy! A gingerbread cookie resembling Paulicia!" Vivian gave Jordy a gingerbread cookie who resembled Paulicia, "Fer sure, you can eat it!"

Mallory sliced a piece of fruitcake and ate it, to her delight, "What a taste of fruitcake!"

Then, the girls and their families began having the christmas dinner. Carl placed the roast turkey and sliced some pieces to all of them. Lisa and Holly felt delighted when they ate the slices of the turkey. Barb and Verena shared a dish of the slices and ate them. The girls smiled as they resumed having dinner with their friends and family until the end of the dinner.