Chapter 6: Barb's backstory

"What's wrong with her, girls? Why the song didn't work?" Maureen asked.

"No, the song didn't made her full of awesome and cheerfulness," Holly stated as she crossed her arms, "I don't know why Barb haven't changed her mind."

"What do you mean, girl? Christmas is coming! When the christmas eve begins, she will end up having nothing, but coal!" Lisa explained.

"Barb is still on the naughty list!" Vivian has put her hands on her hips, "It sounds grody to have a girl on Santa's naughty list!"

"If she gets scrooged, Christmas can be worse! Can we get more scrooged too?!" Bailey shouted in fear.

"C'mon, girls! We have to tell anyone about this!"

Some time later, on Haas Avenue, Lisa, Holly and their friends went to Kendra's house, where it was decorated for christmas. There was an inflatable snowman and an inflatable elf carrying a banner that says "Welcome, Santa!" on it. The girls stared at it and looked fascinated that their female school principal's house was decorated, "Principal Kendra decorated her house for christmas, even our school was decorated," said Holly.

"How do you know if her house is located on Haas Avenue?" said Lisa.

"With the help of a map!"

"Let's get inside!" Nikki knocked on the door as the school principal, Kendra, answered the door, "Hi, Principal Kendra!"

"Nikki! Oh, Lisa, Holly and the girls too, what are you all doing in my house?" She asked.

Later, the girls and her friends are on their school principal's living room talking about Barb's tragic past and hatred of christmas, "Barb never liked christmas this year, Principal Kendra. How she could be so resentful of christmas and everything that people love?" Lisa asked,

"Especially christmas choirs!" Nikki continued.

"And food like fruitcake!" Verena pulled out a fruit cake from her shirt pocket.

"And a delicious turkey!" said Portia.

"Well, look, Barb never changed since her grandfather died years ago. Her grandfather loved christmas and his name was Leisen," Kendra explained.

"Leisen?" Holly asked.

"Leisen was Barb's father's father, he loved christmas so much and even everything. Barb loved her grandfather and her parents," The female school principal explained, "Leisen and Barb enjoyed having snowball fights, skating together, creating snow angels and decorating the house. Barb used to build a snowman along with her grandfather, she placed the old silk hat, the carrot nose, the eyes made of coal and a mouth also made of coal. Leisen placed some buttons made of stone while Barb's parents recorded them."

"Hi, I'm Barb Leander! And this is Mr. Snowerick!" said young Barb at three years old.

"Mr. Snowerick? Barb named a snowman named Mr. Snowerick?"

"That's right, Holly, It happened on 1993. On Christmas eve, when Barb was busy creating a christmas card which composed of a drawing of herself and Leisen, Her father came to her bedroom to talk to her."

"Barb, your grandpa died," Mr. Leander told her.

"What?!" Barb gasped in horror as she dropped her christmas card on the floor.

"It was tragic. After visiting the graveyard where Leisen died, Barb was left out while her parents and relatives prayed for him on christmas supper. It was the night when Barb started her hatred of christmas, she felt convinced that christmas has ruined her life and dealed with the loss of her deceased grandfather. When she was twelve years old on December 2002, some people tried to greet her and give her a Merry Christmas, but she thought that christmas went to people's minds."

"Hello, Barb! Merry Christmas!" said a tall preteen girl.

"Merry Happy whatever!" Barb snapped at her, hurting her feelings.

"Gosh! Did she do that every day?" Holly looked surprised.

"Every day, Barb hated the christmas traditions and other things related to christmas, she also hated the fun," Principal Kendra continued talking about Barb's backstory.

"Barb! See my christmas sweater? It looked cool!" A girl showed her christmas sweater.

"What's your problem?! Just leave me alone!"

After the backstory, Lisa and Holly stood in shock after learning about Barb's tragic story. Nikki and Portia looked nervous while Maureen, Verena, Mallory, Bailey and Vivian stood frozen in shock, "Barb never loved christmas at all," She said, "Her grandfather went to her resting place and her parents tried to comfort her."

"That's why she never celebrates christmas this year. Girls, you all know that the christmas eve is coming, right?" Principal Kendra told them.

"We all know, we love christmas!" Holly stated.

The female school principal pulled out a christmas card and gave it to the rag doll, "Barb didn't finished the christmas card that she was going to give her grandpa. She started to create the card with a drawing of herself and Leisen."

"And her hatred has brought her into the naughty list. Santa didn't gave her a christmas gift," Maureen shrugged.

"People are, like, trying to convince Barb to spread the joy. But she didn't want it and refused to believe in christmas due to her lack of christmas spirit," said Vivian.

"Girls, here's what we're going to do!"

"That's right!" said Lisa.

"But, how?" said Nikki.

"And then what?" said Verena.

"On monday morning, we'll give her a card that she won't forget! Ever!"

Later, on a monday morning before the christmas eve, Lisa, Holly and her friends went to school as usual. They encountered Morna staring at her christmas sweater that her mother made last night on a sunday and talked to her, "Morna, what is that?" Lisa asked.

"My christmas sweater, Lisa, my mom made it for me and told me to wear it before christmas eve!" Morna replied.

"Hmm...."Happy Holidays to my family".....That's so impressive!"

"I think I like it!" Holly looked impressed.

"Hey, Holly, look at the cheerleaders talking to Barb," Mallory pointed her thumb to Barb and the cheerleaders discussing.

"Please, Barb! Listen to what your friends are wishing for christmas!" said Brittany.

"Oh, no! I don't wish for anything!" Barb crossed her arms.

"When christmas comes, I'm going home to eat a piece of the turkey with my family!" said Miriam.

"Ah, just eat a goose!"

"She is soooo ridiculous, she can't stop insulting the cheerleaders!" Vivian crossed her arms.

"That's insane," said Portia, "So insane, dawg."

"I guess we gotta make her happy and tell her that her grandfather loved christmas!" said Lisa, "Let's go to the classroom."