Chapter 4: Doing everything for Xmas

"Emma, I-I don't know how am I going to do it on the christmas choir," stated LaToya.

"LaToya, It'll be fine when you sing to lift your christmas spirit."

"Mom! You there?" Lisa appeared along with Holly, "Oh! There you are!"

"Lisa! Holly! What a surprise to see! My student LaToya came to sing for the christmas choir," said Emma as she talked to LaToya, "Say hello to Lisa and Holly, LaToya!"

"Hello," LaToya greeted.

"Hi, LaToya!" Holly greeted her back before talking to Emma, "School looked great, Mrs. Lawrence. They are all preparing for christmas and everything looked supercool!"

"Yeah! I always wished for Santa for something special! I wished for a christmas gift!" said Lisa, "I wished for a studio album featuring Holly's songs named "Sing and Dance with Holly!""

"Gosh! Those are the songs that I sang during my lifetime!" The rag doll looked amazed, "I wished for a snow globe with myself carrying the microphone with the buildings of Downtown Atlanta behind me with snow falling."

At the Frobisher residence, Vivian has finished writing a letter to Santa. She wished for a new hair brush to brush her hair and folded it into a plane. She opened the window before throwing it into the air and watched it fly away,"I'm gonna be, like, good this time, Santa!" She said to herself when her mother, Gail, came to the bedroom carrying a tray of cookies.

"Vivian, chocolate chip cookies!" She said.

"Gee, mom! They looked delicious!" Vivian picked up a cookie and ate it, "The same chocolate chip cookies that I loved."

"Your grandma made it for me when I was four years old," Gail smiled.

"It says "It's easier to wrap the dough in plastic wrap before chilling," said Nikki, who was carring a recipe book while wearing a white apron, "Bailey, did you scooped the cookie dough?"

Bailey replied her question while struggling to scoop the cookie dough, "Trust me, Nikki, I'm doing better than I can!" She said as she scooped the dough. She picked up a rolling pin and tried to roll out the chilled dough, only to end up losing balance as the rolling pin slipped from her hands and fell into the floor, "Oops..."

"Listen, Bailey, we have to make this christmas perfect without doing wrong!"

"Nik, what are we doing?"

"Gingerbread Christmas cookies, girl. We'll arrive on December 24 where Santa will deliver presents before December 25," said Nikki, "Santa is a legendary figure and everybody know him, right?"

"Yep, you're right," Bailey picked up the rolling pin and started to roll out the chilled dough, "Would you give me the dough discs for me?"

"Here you go."

The petite girl started to cut the dough with the dough discs. After cutting them with the discs, she picked up one of them and chuckled that this would be perfect, "Shall we decorate them?" She said.

"Nope, let's bake them," Nikki replied before her mother, Mrs. Trollope, showed up.

"What are you girls doing?" She asked them.

"Mom, we're making gingerbread christmas cookies, would you mind join us to decorate the cookies?"

On the Krog Street Tunnel, Portia was spray-painting on the walls of the tunnel humming to the sound of Deck the Halls. She spray-painted a christmas tree on the wall, a star and christmas lights with her favorite colors. After creating her work, a woman carrying a lot of gifts appeared, "Yo! Merry Christmas!" She greeted her.

"Merry christmas to you too, girl!" said the woman.

"Ha-ha!" The porcelain doll laughed as she started to create a graffiti version of herself and Mrs. Claus wearing baseball caps and giving hip hop gestures before writing the message "Portia and Mrs. Claus, the porcelain and the legendary wife of Santa" on the same wall, "So, Santa-bro! What do you think? It's me and Mrs. Claus givin' hip hop gestures!"

"What are you doing, Portia?" Clary Carpenter appeared, wearing a violet knit cap and a scarf.

"Hiya, Clary! I'm just makin' a graffiti of myself and Mrs. Claus!" stated Portia, "So, how many days our school year will come to a end?"

"Portia, we're still on December 7. What's your wish?"

"A green spray can for christmas! That's why I'm good at street art, dawg!"

"Cool! I wished for a graphic novel for christmas!" Clary looked excited.

At the Leander family residence, Barb is in her bedroom surfing channels seeing some scenes of christmas episodes of some television series on her television. She found them uninteresting since that she still disliked christmas, "Christmas, christmas supper, Santa, all of these are bogus!" She said to herself when her mother, Mrs. Leander, came to her bedroom.

"Barb! Wanna send a christmas card to your friends from school?" She said.

"Mom! I don't want to create stupid christmas cards!" Barb refused as she kept surfing channels.

Mrs. Leander was disappointed at her daughter for her lack of christmas spirit. She was a middle-aged woman who looked like a young teenager and also looked like Barb's older sister. She has long brown hair, orange shirt with rolled up sleeves, black jeans and gray ballet flats. She sighed as she went inside, "Barb, why you still hate christmas? Christmas means everything, you need to celebrate! I loved christmas when I was your age!"

"You know, I don't want to talk about it!" Barb picked up her blanket and covered herself with it, "Are you gonna ruin my life with christmas songs?!"

"Young lady, this is rude to talk like that!"

"Ah, shut up!"

"Barb, see this photo?" Mr. Leander appeared carrying a photo of Santa Claus, "It's Santa Claus, you used to sit on his lap when we were at the mall."

"Just leave me alone!" Barb refused to listen to her parents, "Christmas...I don't want to celebrate with that stupid holiday! The christmas food, the toys, they're all whatever!"

On a saturday morning before christmas, Lisa and Holly have left their residence and were fascinated by the snowy state of the city of Atlanta. The two girls wore their jackets to keep themselves warm and walked on the streets of Skyhaven Road, "We're on a saturday morning, girl! Look at people's homes! Decorated for christmas!"

"The weekend sounded exciting for us!" said Holly as she sticked her tongue out to catch a falling snowflake, "I feel a vibe coming on!"

"Yeah! Me too!"

At the Amamiya Residence, Maureen was sipping her hot chocolate at home before hearing a noise coming from outside. She opened the door of her house to see Lisa and Holly throwing snowballs at the residence before being hit by one of them, surprising her, "Lisa! Holly! What the heck you girls are doing?!" She asked.

"It's snowball fight, Maureen! Let's call the other girls to throw snowballs for fun!" said Holly.

Then, The three girls went to every house in the respective streets and knocked the doors to call the rest of their female friends. They all answered when they realized that they want to join the snowball fight. The girls walked on the streets, looking confident when they gave some people a wonderful christmas. Along the way, a boy is trying to put a carrot on a snowman that he made earlier. Holly stopped on her tracks and helped him to put the carrot on the snowman. She placed it carefully and petted the boy on the head, before he smiled, "Thank you, Holly! Happy Holidays!"

"You're welcome!" She smiled.