Chapter 15: Spreading the Joy

"What is she going to do?" said LaToya's mother.

"Shush! The music is starting!" LaToya's father silenced her.

LaToya and the Christmas Choir:

Santa Claus is comin' to town.

You better watch out,

You better not cry,

Better not pout,

I'm telling you why:

Santa Claus is comin' to town.

He's making a list

And checking it twice,

Gonna find out

Who's naughty and nice

Santa Claus is comin' to town.

He sees you when you're sleeping

He knows when you're awake

He knows if you've been bad or good

So be good for goodness sake

(Be good for goodness sake)

Santa Claus is comin' to town.

(Instrumental break)

Santa Claus is comin' to town.

Little tin horns, and little toy drums

Rooty-toot-toot, and rump-a-tum-tums

Curly-haired dolls, that tootle and coo

Elephants, boats, and kiddie cars too

Santa Claus is comin' to town.

After conducting the choir successfully, Emma turned around to see the audience and took a bow, followed by the audience clapping happily in satisfaction. LaToya felt touched as she waved her hands to her parents. Back to Maynard H. Jackson school, at the classroom, Lisa, Holly and their friends were learning about Frosty the snowman and began writing their own answer where a word was deleted from the lyrics.

"Hmmm...there must have been some....Oh, I know! Magic!" Holly wrote the word "magic" on the paper.

"Old! Old silk hat!" Lisa wrote the word "Old" on the paper, "That's a good one!"

"What's the word? Lumpy or clumsy?" said Barb, "Oh, right! Clumsy!"

Some hours passed, and the girls kept adding words to finish the lyrics of the song. Then, after finishing, the girls, along with their classmates, have left the classroom after hours of classes. They stopped on the hallway of the school where they argued about the christmas eve coming in eleven days, "We're still closer to the christmas eve! We gotta spread the joy in our city until Santa shows up!" said Holly.

"I like to lie down on the snow to create a snow angel!" said Nikki.

"I'mma lyin' down on the snow to create my own snow angel and draw a cap on the head and call it "The rappin' snow angel!"" said Portia.

"Whoa, hold on that thought, Tupac Shakur, I never created a snow angel before when I hated christmas," said Barb.

"Like, I wished that Santa would give the new hair brush!" said Vivian.

"But, how are we going to spread the joy?" said Maureen.

"I'm thinking that we'll go spread the joy by giving them a spark of cheerfulness!" said Lisa.

"That's right! Let's do it after school!"

Hours later, when the students have left to start the winter break before christmas eve, the girls have left the school, looking satisfied of themselves. Rather than taking the bus to go home, they decided to spread the joy in Atlanta. They ran to the right direction where they arrived at a house on Warwick Street, where a little girl is placing a fedora on a snowman and stared at it happily, only for the fedora to fall off, from her dismay. Lisa, Holly and the girls stared at the girl sadly and decided to cheer up by placing the fedora on the snowman, cheering her up.

"Mom, I can't go outside! I'm gonna end up being hit by those snowballs!" said a preteen girl before Nikki showed up on the house located in Berne Street.

"Hey, let's have a snowball fight, shall we?" She said.

After convincing the preteen girl to have the snowball fight, Lisa, Holly and their friends and the said girl kept throwing snowballs for fun. Later on, the girls walked in the streets of Berne and gave them a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays along the way.

"Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you!" Holly greeted them.

"Nice to see you, Holly!" said a little boy.

"Hiya, porcelain girl!" said a older girl, accompanied by her younger sister.

"Hiya to you too, dawgs!" Portia pulled out a purple spray can and sprayed a purple mask on the little sister's face, "Remember that now!"

"I guess I'll never wash my own face!" The little sister giggled, with her older sister giggling as well.

Then, the girls arrived at Ripplewater Drive, where they greeted the neighbors and complimented the christmas decorations. They arrived at Carrie Chase's house and realized that the house is not decorated, "What's wrong with Carrie's house?" said Mallory.

"It's not decorated when the month of december came, girls. Let's talk to Carrie," said Lisa.

"Yeah! Let's talk to Carrie!" stated Holly.

"Wait, Lisa and Holly!" Barb stopped them, "Who is Carrie Chase?"

"A girl that I tried to befriend her."