Chapter 11: Barb and the toys / The Park Tavern

That night, Barb has placed some photos of Santa Claus, Frosty the snowman, Mrs. Claus and a photo of a christmas tree. She pulled out a plunger dart pistol from the drawers of her desk and lied down on her bed before taking out her aggression by shooting one of the plunger darts at the photo of Santa, still having her hatred of christmas. She scoffed as she kept shooting when the teddy bear appeared on her bed.

"What do you think you're doing, Barb? Are you taking out your aggression by shooting the legendary figures with that thing?" The teddy bear asked.

"Oh, please! Don't make me get into one of those anti-hatred songs!" Barb replied.

"Barb, look! Look what you're doing! You're behaving badly because you haven't changed yet!" said the rubber doll.

"Lisa said to you that if you don't go to the christmas spirit, christmas is ruined!"

The girl furiously grabbed the two toys, "Listen! I don't wanna know about the christmas spirit! Santa never placed me on the nice list! Just get out of my house, you two!" She threw them out through the window of her house and closed it before covering herself with her blanket.

"You can't throw us out of your window, girl," The teddy bear reappeared behind her, "You have to understand the meaning of christmas!"

"You see what happens when you don't understand the meaning?" The rubber doll warned, "Santa gives you coal!"

"Ah, that's the darndest thing I ever heard!"

"Barb, who are you talking to?" Mrs. Leander came to her room.

Barb felt nervous as she saw the toys going limp due to the presence of adults in the bedroom, "I was having hallucinations! The toys were talking to me all the time! It was a dream!"

"Barb, christmas is coming and you still haven't found the perfect gift."

"Please, stop!" Barb shouted at her mother.

On a wednesday morning, at Maynard H. Jackson high school, Lisa, Holly and their friends are in the classroom, learning about the christmas cards according to Mrs. Forrester, "Class, christmas is coming, allright? Will somebody tell me about the christmas cards?" She asked before Holly raised her hand, "Yes, Holly?"

"The christmas cards are greeting cards sent as part of the christmas season!" Holly replied.

"Very well. Lisa?"

"Christmas cards are exchanged during the weeks!" said Lisa.

"This is pretty good, Lisa," Mrs. Forrester nodded in agreement before talking to Barb, "And you, Barb?"

"The toys kept talking to me when I was taking out my aggression by shooting plunger darts at Santa and those stupid legendary figures!" Barb explained as the students gasped in shock.

"She haven't changed at all," The brunette crossed her arms.

"Maybe she was pretending!" said Verena before Mallory elbowed her, "Ow!"

"Barb, please! Christmas is not bad!" Clary told her.

"Clary is right!" said Jay.

"What? Are you gonna make me wear santa hats, christmas sweaters and throw snowballs like everyone else?!"

"Face it, girl!"

"I don't want to admit that!" Barb stormed off and left the classroom in disgust.

"I don't believe it..." Lisa and Holly said in unison.

Later on, the girls are at recess after hearing Barb refusing to believe in christmas. The other students are also in recess as well, "Girls, Barb is not enjoying christmas! Do you see what she said? She doesn't want to admit that she was wrong about her hate of christmas and kept dealing with her deceased grandfather!" Holly complained.

"Yeah, that's right!" said Lisa.

"Lisa, Holly, chillax!" said Portia, "It's not our fault that we pushed Barb so hard!"

"Fer shur, Barb shouted at Mrs. Forrester!" said Vivian.

"Girls, I've been thinking of something...what if we'll go tonight?" said Nikki, with her hands on her pockets.

"Tonight? Before the christmas eve?"

"The park tavern! I used to ice skate with my parents on december 2005!"

"Yeah, dawg! I enjoyed it!" Portia smiled.

"Wanna go ice skating? We'll be back before midnight, Holly!" Nikki continued.

"Allright!"

"Can we invite Barb too?" said Verena.

"Verena, Barb never had fun." Lisa continued.

"We tried to convince her to join the snowball fight, but she refused," said Maureen.

"Where we'll go?" Holly asked.

"What about the gingerbread cookies?" said Bailey

"The gingerbread cookies are already done, Bailey. But, we're going to Piedmont Park!"

Later, at night, on Piedmont Park, Lisa, Holly and their friends went to the said Park Tavern where Nikki ice skated on 2005. They were excited as they went inside the restaurant not to have dinner, but to have fun on ice skating rink. They were impressed as they saw many people ice skating and were happier than ever.

"Look at that! They are ice skating!" Holly exclaimed.

"Look, mom! It's Holly!" said a little girl, "Holly! Merry christmas!"

"Ah, merry christmas for you too, girl."

"Sounds sooo amazing," said Vivian.

"Do you think that Barb would come here?" said Maureen.

"Who cares? say "Merry happy whatever" for those people?" Holly asked as she and the girls laughed heartily.

"Like I said, this is the place where I Ice skated," Nikki stated.

"Then, let's get on the rink!" Verena prepared to get into the ice skating rink, only to be stopped by a employee, "Oh! Sorry, I was just-"

"You cannot go to the rink wearing shoes, use the ice skates," He suggested as he pulled out two pairs of ice skates.

Later, the girls has put the ice skates on their feet and entered to the rink. They started to skate on the rink carefully and happily began using the figure skating skills like real figure skaters. Holly twirled her skirt and began doing the Axel jump. Vivian and Mallory used the upright spin while the others used the sit spin. During the fun on the rink, a christmas song was put on the radio.