Chapter 16: Decorating Carrie's house

Inside the residence, Carrie was having a chat with one of her friends, discussing about the arrival of her younger cousin, "My cousin Chet is coming to eat a roast turkey with me and my family, girl. Listen to this, he is my cousin," She said, "Who am I to judge him? I'll say other things that my mom told me like: Take care of my cousin, say hello to my cousin and spend my time with my cousin!" Carrie continued before Lisa, Holly and their friends went to her bedroom, "Lisa? Holly? Girls? What are you all doing here? Oh, I know, you all want to hear one of the songs that I downloaded on internet?"

"We're not here to hear those songs, Carrie. Why your house is not decorated for christmas?" Holly asked her.

"The christmas decorations are in the basement and I don't know how to decorate my house on my own," Carrie replied her question as she crossed her legs.

"Your house needs a Deck the Halls thang, homegirl. This residence needs to be decorated!" said Portia.

"Hey, girls! How about a Santa hat?" Verena pulled out a Santa hat from her pocket.

The girls stared at her blankly for a second when Lisa snatched the hat, "Are you crazy, Verena? We have to find out where the christmas decorations are!"

"It's located downstairs where my dad's car was there."

"Great, let's discover!" 

The girls went to the basement and turned on the lights to see the family car and a lot of stuff, "Girls, does Carrie uses a lot of stuff in this place?" Bailey asked, feeling unsure and worried.

"Calm down, Bailey. Do you think that we are thieves? Coming to steal anything? No," said Holly as she looked around for the christmas decorations.

"The christmas decorations must be, like, somewhere," said Vivian, "I am so terrified if there are things like Krampus or something."

"Girls, look! A neon christmas sign resembling a reindeer!" Maureen picked up a neon christmas sign which resembled a reindeer.

"It's perfect, Maureen!" The rag doll exclaimed.

"Hey, what does those christmas lights can do?" Verena found herself tangled in christmas lights and turned them on, only for her to be shocked and electrocuted as a result, "Sorry..."

"Will you get those lights out from your body?!" Mallory picked up the christmas lights and untangled her friend by spinning her like a top.

"Girls, I found a christmas tree in a box!" said Barb.

"This is so nice, Barb! Let's decorate it!"

A moment later, the girls began decorating the christmas tree and placed some christmas ornaments around it. They placed many ornaments resembling teddy bears, snowmen and other things. Bailey placed the star ornament on top of the tree and smiled while Nikki turned on the lights.

"The christmas tree is done!" She said.

"I've placed the christmas stockings!" said Mallory.

"That's great, girls!" said Lisa, "And now, for the neon christmas signs!"

Many seconds later, the girls have placed the neon christmas signs on the roof and turned them on. Carrie came out of the house and saw the whole house being decorated for christmas and felt amazed, "What do you think, Carrie? It's cool, right?" Lisa continued.

"Just wait or Santa will give you coal!" said Holly.

"This is so nice, girls! Thanks!" Carrie thanked them.

"Yes!" The two girls pumped their fist excitedly.

The girls have left Carrie's house and arrived at Skyhaven Road, satisfied for decorating the house and jumped in the air for joy. They felt excited that the whole neighborhood was decorated for christmas and saw some snowflakes falling.

"Can you see? Our neighborhood is decorated for christmas!" said Holly.

"That's right, Holly!" said Lisa.

"Check out those falling snowflakes!" said Nikki as she catched the snowflakes with her tongue.

"Christmas is wonderful! Sooo wonderful!" said Vivian as she ended up being hit by a snowball, "Hey!"

"I got you for good!" Barb laughed.

"You messed with the wrong girl, Barb!" Vivian picked up a snowball and threw it at her, "Gotcha!"

"No one needs to hate christmas due to the death of a family member! Look, there's a couple kissing under the mistletoe!" Lisa continued.

"Yeah! Did not see that coming!" Holly happily exclaimed.

"Holly, what are we going to do, eh?" Maureen asked, adjusting her glasses.

Then, the rag doll, with her hands on her jacket pocket, looked up to the sky where it darkened to the night with snow falling. She turned around to talk to her friends, "Girls, we spent the whole day spreading the joy in Atlanta," She said.

"Right, when are we going to have the christmas dinner?" said Mallory.

"On christmas eve, Mallory! If we eat that delicious turkey!"

"Yeah! That delicious turkey! Gloo gloo gloo!" Bailey imitated the sound of a turkey, which caused the girls to laugh.

"You got us so good, Bailey! Like, Check this out!" Vivian pulled out a silk hat and placed it on her head, "Look! I'm Frosty the snowman! A jolly happy soul!"