Chapter 13: Barb gets scolded by her reflection

A moment later, Barb kept playing her video game system, ignoring all the passing students discussing about their winter vacation plans. With no other choice, Lisa and Holly approached her. The rag doll has put her hand on her hip and smacked her head to get her attention, "Barb, what's the matter with you?" She asked.

"Did you hit me?" Barb was confused.

"To get your attention!"

"Are you gonna spend your whole life without celebrating christmas? Without having fun on the winter season?" said Lisa.

"What are you talking about? I don't like christmas because my grandpa died!" Barb replied as the two girls rolled their eyes, "And don't roll your eyes at me!"

"Barb Leander, stop being that girl! Be that girl!" Holly demanded.

"Which one of the girls?"

"You! You're that girl!"

"Yeah! Barb Leander, the girl who loved christmas! The girl who had fun!"

In a moment of silence, Barb sighed and stared at her two classmates. And after learning about who she is, she began raising her voice softly, "Barb Leander....is not here, not anymore."

"I know, I see that you don't like christmas," Holly crossed her arms before seeing Barb walking away, "Okay, Barb. Do you know who is not going to celebrate christmas? You."

"Gee, Holly, did she changed her mind?" Maureen appeared, along with Verena, Mallory, Nikki, Portia, Bailey, Vivian and Clary.

"I guess not."

Hours later, back home, Barb was reading a book in her bedroom. She still haven't changed when Lisa, Holly and their friends tried to convince her to celebrate christmas, she felt upset as she kept reading and flipped the page on the book, "The girls were trying to convince me...But, who am I? Some kind of christmas lover?" She said before placing her book on her bed and went to the mirror, "I don't know why Lisa and Holly talked to me in first place. Christmas doesn't mean a lot to me!"

"Seriously? Christmas doesn't mean a lot to you?" Barb's reflection talked back, causing her to shriek in surprise, "Yeah, girl! You acted rude and petty towards your friends! They were trying to get you into the christmas spirit!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Christmas means a lot to you, Barb! Christmas means celebrate with friends and family! Christmas is coming and Santa is coming to give you coal if you don't change!"

"Do you think that...I was rude, selfish, cruel and petty all the time?" Barb looked stunned.

"Exactly, you might be ashamed of yourself! And after all, Barb, you're such a big jerk!"

Barb looked shocked when she began hearing the voices that her friends and classmates were trying to convince her.

"Oh, Barb, you never had a rag doll because Santa Claus put you on the naughty list," said Holly's voice on her mind.

"Barb, this is christmas and you gotta understand it!" Mrs. Forrester's voice was heard.

"Young lady, this is rude to talk like that!" said Mrs. Leander's voice.

"Get it through your tiny brain of yours, dawg! We're havin' a snowball fight!" said Portia's voice.

"It sounds grody to have a girl on Santa's naughty list!" said Vivian's voice.

"Yeah! Selfishness is a word that you hurt someone's feeling!" said Lisa's voice.

"You'll never get any delicious cookies," said Bailey's voice.

"You'll never get a christmas gift," said Nikki's voice.

"You'll never eat a delicious turkey," said Verena's voice.

Terrified, she gulped in fear when more voices began talking on her mind, "Ever since you hate christmas, why did you lost your grandfather?" The rubber doll's voice was heard.

"Did those voices went into my mind?!" Barb was shocked when she began hearing the words of herself and her friends.

"Barb, c'mon! You're not like the other people who are in the naughty list!" Holly's voice continued.

"I'm not like the other people?!"

"Listen to her, Barb!" said Lisa's voice, "If you don't go to the christmas spirit, christmas is ruined because of you!"

Barb has put her hands on her cheeks with horror when the words "Because of you" began floating around her and went through her ears. After hearing the words and realizing that her friends were trying to convince her to go to the christmas spirit, Barb imagined herself overlooking her family celebrating christmas without her and found herself below a rain cloud, looking miserable as she imagined herself being a heel and gasped with shock.

"You see? That's what Lisa and Holly are trying to tell you," Barb's reflection has put her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, right. Lisa and Holly were right all along. I-I should have known!" Barb lied down on her bed and covered her face with her pillow, "The toys were right, I feel like a freak without christmas spirit!"

"Barb, cheer up, this is no time to cry for your selfishness," Barb's reflection comforted her.

"You're right. I should have listened to all of them. But, what should I do?"

At the Lawrence family residence, Lisa and Holly are watching It's a Wonderful Life on the laptop in their bedroom. They found themselves dismayed after some failed attempts to convince Barb to go to the christmas spirit.

"Girl, I guess that Barb Leander is still hateful towards christmas," stated Lisa.

"I guess that she never had a chance. Our chances to convince her are lost forever," said Holly.