Where Did We Go Wrong?

It was early in the morning. Kivilcim shut her bedroom door after spending the night crying. The swelling surrounding her eyes wouldn't go away, whatever she tried. She had just thrown out her and omers wedding pictures last night. She made up her mind and she saw enough to move on, however difficult it will be.

The night before, ertugrul, his daughter, metehan and cimen were sat in the living room talking about going to the movies. Ertugrul made a joke, and Metehan had mentioned how much he liked him because he reminded him of his father.

Lately, kivilcim would doze off into thoughts of her and Omer every time there was a conversation. She couldn't seem to focus. When metehan mentioned his dad's name it caught her attention and she came back to reality. Her eyes seemed to get filled with tears. She couldn't stop thinking of him. She had excused herself to the bathroom and ertugrul noticed. As soon as she closed the bathroom door hidden inside her bedroom, she broke down crying.

She thought Omer was her last love. She put down her walls for him. He was the last person she'd be with. The last person she would ever fall in love with. How many times he declared his utmost love for her, she believed it. But she was wrong. When he told her he fell in love with someone else, it all felt like a lie

Every kiss. Every whisper. Every hug. Every cuddle. Every gesture. The night before he broke up with her, they had made love to each other. She doesn't know what to call it anymore. It was all a lie. She felt used, but she couldn't blame him. He fell in love. A person in love is a beautiful thing and she couldn't blame him. All she could do is blame herself. Where did we go wrong?

She didn't have the energy to think. Why did I believe him. He hurt me, but she couldn't get rid of her feelings for him. You can love someone, but they don't have to love you back.

Kivilcim walked to the dining table. Everyone had somewhere to be. Sönmez went the restaurant, cimen went to school early so she can finish her project. Alev was busy at work.

Sivilay, walking in: kivilcim, I have hot coffee ready for you in the teapot. Would you like me to pour you some to take.

Kivilcim: no love, it's okay. I will probably grab something on the way to work. We have a late shooting, but thank you.

Sivilay: Abla, please. Don't do this. I can see it in your face. You don't eat anything. You walk like ghost. You need to keep yourself busy and move on. He is having his fun, but look at you!

Kivilcim: yes, I know. You're right, I will keep myself busy. I will head out. Please let me know when my mom and cimen get home, ok?

Sevilay nodded her head and gave a tight lipped smile. Kivilcim grabbed her coat and purse and drove to work.

__________

Kivilcim decided to stop by a cafe on her way to work. It was her first time there. As she was combing through her purse to look for her wallet she noticed Omer come out of the restroom. He was dressed in a sleek navy suit with brown dress shoes and a white dress shirt. Hair combed just right, the way she liked. He looked good.

The smile on her face dropped. They had both made eye contact but she couldn't keep her eyes up. It was her turn.

"Hi... ummm... can I..."

Omer, walking behind her: medium vanilla latte, 2 pumps. I got it.

Kivilcim was mad. Her eyes shut. Who did he think he was? Coming close enough where she could smell his cologne. And oh did he smell good. She clenched her teeth and opened her eyes.

Barista: will that be all?

Kivilcim: pardon? She looked to omer. Her stare was like sharp daggers.

The barista lost her smile when she sensed how uncomfortable kivilcim was.

"I think I can pay for my own coffee. Can I get two please. Thanks. Here you go."

She handed the barista her money and waited.

The barista repeated omers order. Medium coffee, 2 sugars and cream. She repeated the order in her head at the same time as the barista. She knew him. When the barista called out her name, she walked to the counter to pick it up.

She seemed to feel dizzy all of a sudden and stumbled. Omer grabbed her arm.

Omer: iyi misin? He looked very worried. He looked into her eyes. iyi misin? Do you want to sit down?

Kivilcim: don't touch me.

Kivilcim took a deep breath. She clearly didn't have anything to eat this morning and sevilay was right. She hasn't been taking care of herself. She shoved her arms out of his grasp

Kivilcim: don't touch me even for a second. you don't get to touch me

A stranger stepped in: let her go man, leave her alone.

Omer: stay out of it! Kivilcim?

Kivilcim walked away and got into her car, while Omer watched her.

He regrets breaking her heart. But it was the only way he knew how to protect her. He can live with the pain, but he didn't want her to. If only he knew how much she was suffering.