What are you Doing?

Hello everyone! Sorry for the late post. I wrote a 2,000 word chapter, but for some reason it all got deleted and I was left with 200 words :( Hope you enjoy the new chapter! I will probably post another chapter tomorrow.

"Welcome everyone to our annual New Years show! Today we have a special guest so stay tuned for a special performance you won't want to miss later with superstar Ajda Pekkan! First, our very own Kivilcim Arslan is here so a round of applause!"

The crowd applauded Kivilcim as she walked across the stage. She looked around the room smiling as she read her lines off of the teleprompter. Everyone adored Kivilcim's show apart from a few disapproving looks from Pembe and Nilay. She didn't care though. The only important people in that crowd were her daughters, her mom, Omer and Metehan. She valued their presence wholeheartedly.

Thank you everyone for coming to our show today! We have a very special performance later, but before we start the party, I would like to thank everyone watching for supporting our education fund. Together, we have raised over 4 million liras to help young girls like Nazli learn. I would also like to thank and welcome our producer, Ruzgar, and Mr. Ertugrul Islamoglu, who helped start this fund, onto the stage."

Kivilcim began to clap as the two made their way onto the stage, each standing on either side of Kivilcim.

"Without these two gentlemen, we wouldn't have been able to start this fund. Now, everyone watching at home, there is a number on your screens. If you would like to help sponsor our fund, give us a call for more information. I will now pass the microphone to Mr. Ertugrul. Thank you all again and for all of your support."

Kivilcim switched places with Ertugrul, feeling a hand brush past the small of her back. Looking down, she noticed Ertugrul was touching her. Her face became hot all of a sudden. Feeling uncomfortable but not wanting to make it apparent on LIVE television, Kivilcim looked down making eye contact with Omer, who was seated not very far from the stage. She noticed his immediate change in reaction. Omer's smile faltered as he noticed Ertugrul touching Kivilcim. He began to loosen his tie, straightening himself out in his seat.

Pembe turned to Nursema and whispered into her ear, since when did Kivilcim Hanim and Ertugrul bey get so close that he is touching her. Such a shame. AND on live TV. It hasn't even been that long since her divorce with our Omer. God was on Omer's side.
"Mom, be quiet what if someone hears."
"Let them. It's the truth."
"Don't gossip, it's haram. I don't think it's what you think. May this not reach gods ears. Tovbe Tovbe."
"Allah allah. My daughter, I am not gossiping. I am simply saying what others will be thinking. Of course no one will think badly of them, but our family will be talked about and our reputation will be damaged. And for what?"
"Ok, mom."

As Ruzgar and Ertugrul finished up their segment, they made their way to their chairs. The host introduced Ajda onto the stage where she began to sing her hit song "Yakar Gicerim" as the opening song. The crowd was going wild. Kivilcim was sitting on the opposite side of Omer. They found each other making eye contact, smiling each time. Omer picked up his phone, finding Kivilcim's name in his contacts. He began to text her. "I wish I was sitting there next to you. Holding your hands. I miss you so much that I'll go crazy. This distance is killing me."

"I miss you too, Hayatim. We will be together more soon! I promise we will tell everyone soon. I don't want to spend another moment without you."

They looked up at each other and smiled. Kivilcim's assistant came up to her and asked if she could go to the backroom to get ready for the finale. Kivilcim nodded, following her. Omer took this as an opportunity to speak to Sonmez Hanim.

Omer made his way to the empty seat beside Sonmez. She looked up, surprised to see Omer in front of her. Although Sonmez never accepted him as her son in law, Omer still respected her and cared about what she thought of him. Respectfully, he signaled toward the seat. "May I?"