Mistakes

Ertugrul dropped off kivilcim at the new restaurant in Bebek. She shook his hand, thanking him for dropping her off. She appreciated him. He was was nice to her, even though he didn't expect anything in return.

She made her way into the restaurant. She was seated at a table and ordered a cup of wine to prepare for her conversation with alev. She wasn't here yet. She checked the time on her phone and noticed she's late.

When the waitress arrived and handed her wine, she elegantly took a waft of the aroma. She turned her face in disgust. This wasn't right. It didn't smell like her usual glass of wine. "Excuse me, are you sure this is chardonnay?"

"Yes, of course. It's the one you ordered. I can bring you another glass if you'd like."

"No, no. There's no need. This is just fine. Thank you." She continued to drink the wine and Alev finally came.

"Alev."

"I know that tone. That means you are turning into sonmez sultan, whipping out your belt, and I'm in for a lecture."

"Alev, don't exaggerate. But mom was right the whole time. How many times did I tell you, don't you dare do something like this. You're going to ruin your life. How many times did I tell you? You lied to us. What is this I hear that Abdullah bey is divorcing and marrying you. Never in a million years did I think this would happen to our family. That is my brother in law and he's 30 years older than you."

"WAS. WAS your brother in law. Kivilcim, I know the situation doesn't look right from the outside, but I love apo. And he loves me. Pembe doesn't deserve him. She took him for granted and he never loved her anyways" she said rolling her eyes.

"Alev are you doing this to hurt pembe because I hope you're not?"

"How can you think that, kivilcim. You're not the only one who can fall in love. You know how much I supported you.

" I know alev, but—"

"No, for the first time in my life, for the first time some one cared about me, saved me when I was in trouble, didn't take advantage of me, and loved me for who I am. Also, I am not the only one to blame here. Everyone's so quick to blame the woman. I did this for love. And I don't regret it. Also, our love is innocent. We haven't even done anything. "

"I am not blaming you, but this affects everyone, alev. Mom, ruzgar, who loves you, my job will have a weird vibe, the kids, pembe and the unal family. What if he decides one day this was all a mistake. That's 30 years of marriage"

"I knew you wouldn't understand. I think I'm going to go." Alev got up but kivilcim stopped her.

Kivilcim understood her sister. Love is complex. Who is she to tell her sister who she can love and who she cannot.

"Alev, listen to me. I understand you but I don't think I can support this right now. Give me time. Give us all some time and hopefully it will work out. You have to understand me too. On one side doga is being pressured by pembe and on the other side our mom, Alev.

"And who is pembe?? I will go and give her a piece of my mind if she hurts my niece. She is the devil disguised as an angel"

"Alev, stop it. I am worried about Mom. She isn't getting any younger. You should've seen her when she found out. She almost had a heart attack" kivilcim sighed. Her head was spinning.

"And who will worry about me??" Alev started crying. "I am all alone in this. I have always been a disappointment to her and I know now more than ever I still am. I love that woman, but this isn't a mistake. And if it is, that's my mistake"

"Alev, okay, don't cry" kivilcim felt empathy for her sister. She sat closer and started to hug her sister, both crying. "We'll see where this goes. For now we wait to for the tension in that house to lighten. Doga is not good right now. I wanted her to stay with me for now, but she won't leave Cemre. Omer will speak to them"