002 - ❝ number? i was supposed to get his number? ❞

CHAPTER TWO[ real life ]

CHAPTER TWO
[ real life ]

NUMBER? I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET HIS NUMBER?

❝ NUMBER? I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET HIS NUMBER? ❞

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

"hey," he smiled and said softly.

"hi, sorry if i was staring. i've just been in really deep thought and wasn't paying full attention to everyone else.." i let out a small laugh.

"it's alright, i barely even noticed. what's your name?" he replied. i didn't know what he meant by "i barely even noticed," i mean, i was definitely staring and wasn't that the only reason he came to talk to me?

"aria." i smiled, still confused about this odd interaction.

"i'm chris. i just wanted to ask if you're down to hang out another day at a restaurant somewhere, maybe with my brothers too?" he asked with the same smile still on his face. aint no way it was so quick of him to just come and ask to hang out, i barely even know him. but i obviously want to hang out, he definitely has something other boys don't.

"yeah, yeah, ofcourse. when though? i'm free this whole weekend." i replied with a slight shake in my voice.

"tomorrow at 9pm? same time as today?" he asked again. i looked around for lizzie, hoping she was around to save me. i eventually saw her, she was talking to her boyfriend on her phone so i didn't feel like bothering her.

"yeah!" i looked around. "i gotta go though, my friends waiting for me." i frantically said, urgently needing to get out of this awkward situation.

"ofcourse. bye, see you soon!" he said, still smiling.

"see you!" i replied, smiling back as i rushed towards lizzie.

she had just hung up on her boyfriend, i was ready for the big sigh that was about to come out of her mouth but she instead smiled at me.

"what's going on? who was calling you?" i asked, thinking it might've not been who i thought was her boyfriend.

"my boyfriend, he wants to go on a date tomorrow night!!!" she said super excited like she hadn't been on many dates before. "what about you, you were talking to some guy over there. what happened?" she asked, dropping the smile and adding a hint of attitude.

"he asked if we could hang out somewhere tomorrow night too, that's fine, right?" i said, thinking she'd just say yes and go on about her boyfriend.

"oh my god, actually? that amazing!! did he give you his number?" lizzie asked as that smile came back onto her face.

"number? i was supposed to get his number? all he said was his name i didn't think i need-" i paused as i heard a voice from behind me.

"aria! i forgot to give you my number, do you want it?" i turned around to see chris again, my face lit up. i silently thanked god and held out my phone to him so he could type his number into it.

"sorry, yeah ofcourse!" i said apologetically thinking he meant that i should've asked.

"nahh, it's okay, no worries. thanks though, see you tomorrow!" he said as a really big smile popped back onto his face and handing me back my phone.

"byee!!" i yelled back as he walked away towards his brothers. i looked back to lizzie, she was smiling too.

"he seems like such a good person, im happy for yo- WAIT." lizzie stopped for a second. "THIS IS HUGEEE!!! THIS IS YOUR FIRST EVER DATE OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL." she basically yelled out of excitement.

"nonono. i'm gonna be with his brothers, that doesn't count as a date, right?" i asked, knowing it probably wasn't but still asking lizzie since she knew a lot about dates.

"yeah buttt, that doesn't mean you weren't asked out, he probably wants to get to know you better before actually asking you out for a date one on one!!" she said as the excitement in her tone dies down but not fully leaving.

i sighed before grabbing her hand and walking outside towards the car. chris was getting into a minivans passenger seat as he heard the door open and saw us 2 walking out. he waved and smiled at me and so did i, still holding onto lizzie's hand.

his brother started driving out the parking lot and i hopped into my seat. i didn't even argue with lizzie about aux, when she asked i just let her. throughout the whole drive home, i couldn't stop thinking about my "date" tomorrow. i had to look my best even though he still came up to me when i had barely any makeup on. why didn't he go for lizzie anyways, did he know about her boyfriend and just chose the next best option?

we got to my house, lizzie said she was going to sleep over since heavy rain was expected tonight and it would probably be dangerous heading home so late.

we watched one more movie before immediately falling asleep. i woke up in the middle of the night, not knowing why until i heard my phone ringing from the side of my bed. i picked it up, having not one single idea of who it could've been until i heard his voice.

"hey, it's chris. sorry for calling so late, i couldn't sleep and no one else would talk to me" he let out a small laugh as a smile had automatically showed up on my face.

"yeah, no problem." i said, not realizing it was actually 3am. i didn't know what he wanted to talk about and the silence was really loud. i sneaked out of my room so the sound of our voices didn't wake up lizzie and walked downstairs.

"soo, what'd you do all day besides come to mcdonald's?" he asked, i knew he still had that smile on his face for some reason. maybe it was because that's all i could picture him doing but i think it was just the sound of his voice and how it was slightly different then his normal speaking tone.

"nothing really, me and lizzie, my friend that you would've seen me with, we're just hanging out at my house. other then that i barely did anything at all." i said, also trying not to seem boring.

"yeah neither did i, i mean i did go to the store but that was just for some random things we ran out of at home." he let out a laugh and so did i. talking to chris was way more fun than i intended. we talked so much i actually had to stop and tell him that it was getting late and i didn't want to be tired for tomorrow. he understood and i knew he was tired too, just by the way he yawned after every sentence.

for the rest of the night, that was all i could think about. just him and his soft laugh and the fact that we could talk for hours and hours on end. i checked the time again, '5:47am.' i put my phone down and head to bed again, forgetting that lizzie was asleep next to me and almost crushing her. i realized just before i sat down, i let out a sigh of relief and a small, quiet laugh too. i fell asleep right away, already smiling and happy about the day ahead.

authors note:

chapter 2 lets gooo, i have a feeling im kinda rushing into it but i can't wait any longer for amaria to meet everyone 😞😞

word count: 1245