061 - ❝ the comfort we needed ❞

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE[ real life ]

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
[ real life ]

THE COMFORT WE NEEDED

❝ THE COMFORT WE NEEDED ❞

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

i yawned as the tv in front of us played austin & ally on full volume. the sound echoed through the room and bounced off the walls every time someone in the show talked.

"how am i supposed to go to bed when she's laying on top of me?" matt asked quietly, yawning after. lizzie was asleep on matt's legs, him complaining like he wasn't smiling about it 2 minutes prior. he eventually held her in a way that would make it easy for him to carry her, bringing her to one of the guest rooms he was in since he was too tired to bring her to her own room.

i had 3 rooms in my house, mine and two other rooms for guests which now happened to be all my closest friends. madi and xavier would take one of the guest rooms and the triplets would take another, leaving lizzie and i in my room. since that got all messed up, everyone could just choose wherever they wanted to sleep and it wouldn't bother me.

"i think i'm going to sleep, too." madi said, getting up and making her way to the other guest room.

"why is everyone going to bed, it's only 3am?" nick questioned before trying to rub the tired out of his eyes again.

"nick, you're literally exhausted. if you don't go to bed now, we might as well fall asleep right here." xavier said from beside him, letting his head fall in his hand that was resting on the armrest of the couch.

"well, i'm not getting up from here," nick scoffed, slouching back in his seat.

"just go to sleep if you're so tired, stop complaining." chris rolled his eyes, watching the screen in front of him intently.

nick just shook his head, resting his head on the back of the couch. he, ofcourse, eventually fell asleep. it was xavier (who was on his last string), chris and i left awake on the sofa.

"i think i'm going to go," i said quietly to chris beside me, him giving me a little nod in reply.

"goodnight, ams." he whispered, watching me get up from my spot.

"goodnight, chris." i responded, flashing him a quick smile before walking over to my room. i laid down on my bed, pulling the comforter and blanket over my body. my eyes quickly flickered shut, almost immediately falling asleep.

"ams," a voice quietly spoke, waking me up from my slumber. when chris noticed i was awake, he continued. "can i sleep here? xavier and nick are taking up all of the couch and all the rooms are occupied." he whispered, me rubbing my eyes to wake up a little more.

"ofcourse," i said, my voice raspy and quiet. he smiled, it being hard to see in the dark but i was still able to see a little. i turned my body to face the side of my bed he was getting into, hearing a rustling noise next to me as he covered himself in the comforter as well.

"sorry for waking you up," he whispered as he got comfortable.

"it's alright, goodnight, chris." i replied, my face resting on my hand and my whole body up to my neck covered by the blankets.

"goodnight, ams." he said softly. i watched as his eyes fluttered shut, feeling a sense of safety as i laid next to him. his cheeks had a tiny of pink from how hot it was under the sheets, his slightly open hand resting in front of his face on a pillow as he slept. i slowly turned around, facing the wall instead of chris before falling asleep again.

hours later, i woke up startled from a nightmare. my breathing was irregular, my heart and head was pounding. i sat up, looking at my surroundings before slowly falling onto my back again with a low sigh.

"you okay?" chris questioned, his voice deep and raspy as he spoke. he was laying on his side, looking at me as i turned my head to look back at him too.

"yeah, just a nightmare." i said quietly.

"are you sure you're okay?" he repeated, earning a nod and smile from me. he returned the smile, watching as i turned away from him again and tried to fall back asleep.

"aria," he whispered, gaining my attention. i stayed staring at the wall in front of me, replying with a low hum.

he didn't say anything, instead i heard rustling from his side of the bed as his arms moved around. his hands made their way to my waist, his fingers wrapping around me gently as he pulling me closer to him.

i was silenced, my breathing heavier than normal and my hands getting sweaty. i let him do whatever he wanted as his arms slithered around my waist, touching each other once they made their way to the front of my torso. my breath hitching at the feeling.

my body stopped tensing up as i rested in his embrace, the tiredness getting to me once again. before i knew it, the both of us had fallen asleep. the warmth of each other's bodies made us feel at ease, giving us the comfort we needed.

authors note 💌

these chaps coming out like triplets while giving birth likeee i'm on such a roll (im procrastinating 13 missing assignments)

anywaysss anotha lil chap 🤯🤯

(not proofread)