068 - ❝ chill like that❞

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT [ real life ]

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
[ real life ]

CHILL LIKE THAT

❝ CHILL LIKE THAT ❞

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

i awoke to the sound of shuffling next to me, the first thing i noticed when my eyes first cracked open being the asleep boy right in front of me. we were both laying on our sides facing each other, the sun casting bright hues throughout chris' room.

i turned myself around slowly to grab my phone from the bedside table, careful not to wake him up. i checked the time, my phone reading '1:54 pm' as my eyes widened.

i slowly but frantically crawled out of bed, a chain of swears running out my mouth. i had promised my mom that i'd come help her decorate for her wedding tomorrow, meaning i had to be there early and ready for a day of hard work. now that the 'being early' part was thrown out the window, i had to at least try to be there for her.

i grabbed a piece of paper from chris' desk, scribbling a quick 'i gotta go help my mom out with something, sorry for disappearing. i'll talk to you later' and signing it with a small heart.

i placed it on his pillow to make sure he saw it once he woke up, grabbing my hoodie and quickly throwing it over my shoulder as i walked out the bedroom door.

i said my goodbyes to nick and matt on my way out, quickly making my way to my car and starting to drive. i made it to the venue, boxes of props and decorations stacked outside.

"mom! i'm so sorry i'm late, i oversle-" i started as i walked through the doors, "woah," i interrupted myself, taking a look at the beautiful brick surrounding us, the building being two full floors with a huge social hall for the event to mainly take place in.

"it's okay, aria, can you just help me put these up?" my mom asked with a smile, handing me a few floral decorations to put in an archway.