046 - ❝ my girl ❞

CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX[ real life ]

CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX
[ real life ]

MY GIRL

❝ MY GIRL ❞

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

"you guys are going to fall!" matt warned, yelling from behind. lizzie and i skipped hand in hand on the sidewalk, ahead of everyone. all 6 of us were on our way to eat dinner in a restaurant we found that was oddly really close to where we played top golf. we thought it'd be a good idea to walk and spare matt the 2 minute drive he'd probably never stop complaining about.

matts reaction only made us skip faster, it being surprising that we didn't fall. we finally slowed down when we came across a flower shop. it was a small street store with overgrown flowers spilling out pots outside the store. i stared in awe, my eyes darting around to find the prettiest flower in the bunch.

"this is so beautiful." i said, pointing to a pink blossomed flower. lizzie agreed, trying to find one of her favorites now. the petals on the flower i chose were growing outwards, only making the flower appear more larger and beautiful.

everyone finally caught up to us, confused on why we would randomly stop. "what are you doing?" xavier asked, watching us study each flower.

i silently observed the flower i was set on, not aware of xavier next to me. "ams," chris creeped up behind me, making me flinch and snap out of my thoughts. he placed arm around my waist, keeping me in one place. i gasped, not expecting him to randomly pop up. "sorry, i didn't mean to scare you." he whispered before diverting his attention to the flower i was looking at.

"it's okay," i whispered in return, looking at his eyes dart from one flower to another. i looked at where they finally landed, spotting the same flower i was looking at just a few moments before.

"this one's pretty." he said, pointing to it. i nodded in agreement, looking back at him. he moved his arm from around my waist to his side, walking over to the cashier inside. "can i get this one flower?" he asked, pointing the it. the cashier approved, walking over and picking it out of the bunch then handing it to chris. "thank you, man." he said, giving him a $5 tip just because he felt like it.