038 - ❝ i think i'll stay ❞

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT[ real life ]

[ real life ]

I THINK I'LL STAY

❝ I THINK I'LL STAY❞

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

the doorbell rang and even with the door closed, i could hear chris' heavy footsteps gliding down the stairs. i sighed, finding my way out the room door and towards the kitchen. nick had asked if we were thirsty and offered to get us drinks but i told him i'd go since i'd have to see what they had. if i was being honest though, i really just wanted to see who was at the door because i doubt pizza would even get chris skipping down the stairs at 100mph.

i opened the fridge, making sure to keep an ear open. it may have been bitchy of me but come on, what they don't know won't hurt.

"hey, baby." a familiar voice spoke. 2 words in and my ears were now glued shut. now that i know who it is, i can leave!

i strutted up the stairs, making my way back to matt's room. i handed them their drinks before sitting on the edge of his bed.

"they're really getting comfortable with eachother, jesus christ." i mumbled, not exactly meaning to say it out loud.

"who?" matt questioned.

"who do you think?" i deadpanned.

"ah." he realized. "cora and chris, right?"

"yup." i sighed. cora hadn't made any effort to talk to me ever since... you know, so i didn't either. im almost a hundred percent sure chris told her and she automatically chose his side.

"don't worry about them ari, she'll do whatever it takes to ruin someone's day." nick scoffed, laying back on the bed.

"hey, that's my nickname!" matt complained. "also, can you go leave this downstairs? nick left it here when he came and just never put it away." he added, handing me a small blanket.