028 - ❝ better than this ❞

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT[ real life + imessage ]

[ real life + imessage ]

BETTER THAN THIS

❝ BETTER THAN THIS ❞

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

as days passed, everytime time i went to the triplets house or just spent time with them, cora was always there. chris had been all cheery and happy with cora but when i entered the room, he became a man of few words.

a large storm had been brewing outside for a while now and matt didn't let me go home. i'd been at their house for hours now, it was almost midnight. we were in matt's room, watching him play fortnight.

"NOOOO!" he yelled, flinging his head back when he died. "you're joking." he said, rolling his eyes before loading back into the game.

"haven't you been playing for hours now, don't you need a break?" nick said, sighing and plopping down onto the bed next to me.

"no, i gotta get a victory royal first." matt said as the clicks on his controller got louder and more aggressive.

"it's been forever, i don't think you're gonna do it." i said, putting my phone down for a second to watch him.

"my teammates suck ass, it's not my fault." he said, throwing his controller down when he died again.

"i think you're just bad." i said bluntly, shrugging. nick laughed, agreeing with me while matt just rolled his eyes. he got up from his seat, coming to sit next to us on his bed.

"fine, i'll stop." he said, sitting next to me. now i was in the middle of the two of them while they did their own thing on their phone. i was texting madi, we were talking about hanging out sometime this week when i got a notification from someone else.

ⁱᵐᵉˢˢᵃᵍᵉ

chris 🧡

hey aria
can you come to the driveway please?
i need your help