070 - ❝ butterflies ❞

CHAPTER SEVENTY[ real life ]

CHAPTER SEVENTY
[ real life ]

BUTTERFLIES

❝ BUTTERFLIES ❞

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

i held onto the metal railing of the balcony, looking over at the flowery gardens below us as the sky grew darker. chris stood next to me, doing the same but instead of looking below, he was looking right at me. his eyes were drilled into the side of my head, watching as my eyes darted from one area to another.

i turned my head to him at the feeling of someone watching from behind, "what?" i questioned, a soft laugh escaping through my lips. he just shook his head with a smile, his bottom lip almost hidden as he gently bit onto it.

"just admiring the beautiful view," he shrugged, not daring to take his eyes off of me.

"you're so corny," i said, looking back over to where i previously was looking. his eyes lingered on me before he quickly glanced around.

he took a slight step closer to me, leaning forward over the bars of the balcony. "you know when we were dancing earlier and you told me you didn't know how to dance," chris said, referring to a few hours ago. i nodded, looking back at him and waiting for him to continue. "i lied and said i didn't know how to dance either 'cause i didn't want you to be scared or something." he admitted, a slight crease between my eyebrows popping up at his random confession.

"why didn't you just tell me? i wouldn't have been scared—maybe a little but i was whether you knew how or not." i said, a smile teasing to appear on my face.

"i just wanted you to be comfy, you know?" he said, looking from the grassy lands we overlooked to me. since he was leaning over the balcony's railing, he had to look up just a little bit to see me.

i broke and a smile grew on my face, looking from his full eyes to the scenery below. "you should teach me sometime, it's kinda embarrassing how i don't know how to dance after 19 years of living." i said, loosing my grip on the bar, resting my elbows on it and letting my head fall into my hands.