5. Night To Remember?

BRING ON THE NIGHT

Stubbornness leads to you sticking yourself in situations you'd rather not be in

Stubbornness leads to you sticking yourself in situations you'd rather not be in. More often than not do you find yourself grating your jaw and pushing through the most uncomfortable of situations. Even now, as you stood with your back pressed against Jungkook's door, he presents you with a dilemma. You either pay the piper and accept a night on the town — not that hard, or you dig a deeper hole and allow Jungkook to choose a way to discipline you. Remind you of the rules. Your rules. He's kind of hoping you let your pride get the better of you.

Tough pill to swallow, you've been given no water and your throat is parched. Years of being subject to high school bullies, university cliques and bitter humans, it's obvious why you continue to build a wall. Even now, a projector exposes your memories, and you can hear a childish posse of high school boys giggling to themselves as the most unfortunate of the group asks you out as a juvenile prank. Absolutely rotten. So rotten it stinks. You turn up your face, Jungkook searches your eyes for an answer.

"Oh my god, fine." Jungkook cheers at your answer, he brings his hands to your face, and cups your cheeks. Squishes them together. You make a noise between a squeal and a groan. He finds it funny, hilarious even. Thinks you're like a rubber ducky. Squeeze it hard enough and it makes a funny noise. You poke at his stomach and he finally shys away, getting the hint. Tells you that you both have plenty of time to get ready for a night out. Grabbing his phone out of his back pocket, it illuminates his features. He turns it towards you, it reads five thirty-nine. Plenty of time. Dang.

"I wanna order in first, then I'll get ready." He runs his fingers through his hair out of habit, continues to do so until you respond to him.
"Can we get pizza?"
"Absolutely not." He begins to filter through his wardrobe, presumably looking for a good outfit for the sucky night ahead. Not that he has to try.

Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? Jungkook is undeniably one of the most handsome men you've ever seen in your entire life. Love him to death. Perhaps that's why people can't fathom your friendship. He's too hot, you have to be attracted to him somehow. Perhaps people are too quick to substitute you for themselves in this friendship. If they were this close with him, they'd fall instantly. How do you do it? They wonder. You must have some sort of romantic interest for him. Either that or you're a lesbian. It's laughable, but no. After a few years, you've grown used to him. His appearance isn't a shocker to you as it was when you first met him. Again, love him to death, however, he just doesn't evoke those type of feelings.

"No pizza? Oh my god why the fuck do hate me." You're dramatic in your strop as you thump your way over to his bed, falling face first into his pillows. He continues to throw clothes over your limp body as you curse profanities into his duvet.

"I don't wanna eat pizza. Why can't you just accept that."
"You never take what I want into consideration."
You both bicker meaninglessly as if you're in a soap opera. You wish you could cry on cue, get the waterworks going.
"I always take what you want into consideration, beautiful."
Scream. You sit up, shooting daggers into his back, praying he can feel it.
"I've had enough. This is so toxic. I'm leaving."