11. The Long Game

DARK RED — STEVE LACY

Cursing at her phone, Jia scrubs at her teeth in a frothy mess

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Cursing at her phone, Jia scrubs at her teeth in a frothy mess. If she doesn't leave the house now, she'll be late for her midday shift. She silently thanks God that her hair decided to cooperate with her that morning, her fro — luscious as ever, sits on her shoulders, a few highlighted curls covering her eyes.

She's got ten minutes to decide whether she'll grab breakfast at the cafe on the way there, or whether she can manage to conjur up a quick toastie. She checks her phone. Nine minutes.

"Fuck." She spits into the sink and washes out her mouth, ridding herself of dirty language and toothpaste. Nothing she hates more than being tardy. She's got a job to do and nothing can jeopardise it, so she quietly scolds herself for waking up so late.

"Good morning." A sing songy voice greets her, and an arm wraps around her waist.
"We've got to go, Min." She hears Jimin whine into her hair, pressing his body against hers as he starts to pepper her jaw in kisses.
"You sure?" He purrs against her skin. His blonde hair tickles her cheek and she turns around to face him. Perfect.

"Hmm," She purses her lips, glancing at the timer on her phone, "Seven minutes."

Bracing his hands on the sink, either side of her waist, Jimin leans into her. He's already up and raring to go, however he does miss the way she grumbled at him for holding her so tight that morning, telling him they'll be late for work if they don't get up. Five more minutes, he told her.

"Seven?" He muses, "All I need is three." Smiling at the way she groans and throws her head back, he takes the opportunity to press his lips to her neck.

"Wouldn't be worth it for three minutes," Although her eyes close, and she swears she's floating off the ground, she forces herself to look at him. Kisses his lips.

Jimin steps back, playfully defeated. He'll get her to himself one way or another. "C'mon then."

Jia sits behind her little desk, daydreaming. Her lips still sweet with sugar from the churros Jimin so gracefully bought her as a 'sorry I made you late' present. Thankfully, nobody saw them come in together, even though there aren't any rules about being involved with your co-workers, they both decided it's easier to keep to themselves with this.

While she twirls a pen between her fingers, you waltz out of your own office, Yoongi at your side. Eyes meeting hers, your expression brightens and you smile kindly.

"I didn't see you come in," You give her a little squeeze as you shimmy behind her, your bag sits behind the desk, along with your phone.

Yoongi puts his elbows on the desk, eyeing Jia "You clocked in after us?"
"Yeah," You hear her chuckle, "Traffic got me all types of fucked up."
"Yeah, Jimin was a little late too." He arches a brow and you try not to laugh. It's plain as day the two sre screwing around, you practically knew from day one.