16. Total Eclipse Of The Brain

IF — JANET JACKSON

The premise of attraction relies on the brain

The premise of attraction relies on the brain. The mere sight of you makes the lust driven brain sitting in Jungkooks' skull pump out estrogen, flows through his body, makes his hands clammy and his throat dry. Of course it's not intentional, he'd stop it in an instant if he could, he just can't seem to keep away from you. This new image, new person that's been shown to him has altered the way he holds himself in your life, in some way, this stupid operation he came up with is the bane of his existence.

Yet at the same time, some sort of sadistic part of him enjoys the torture, whispering your name when you're not there, screwing his eyes shut to get a clearer glimpse of the way you looked, writhing beneath him. Then, of course, the euphoria of his lust dissipates, and guilt 'comes' after he does.

Waves of uncertainty crash all at once after last night. His momentary lapse in judgment has him with his head in his hands, even a warm shower couldn't ease the ache in his mind. He nearly kissed you. And you didn't back away.

Green.

You gave him the go-ahead to completely step over a line you never knew had to be drawn. The entire basis of your friendship shifted within those three seconds before you were both pulled back by the hands of time. Has you overthinking all your interactions; did you miss any signals? Signals of something more? You've had a quiet discussion with yourself about this before, you're undeniably attracted to this man who happens to be your closest friend. Whether you want anything more than a friendship is unknown, leaning more towards a strong no. Relationship? Red. Out of the question. But, you'd be lying if you said you hadn't wondered what it would be like to kiss him. Spend a night with him, even.

Back at home, Jungkook stares at the whiteboard on his door, the rules snickering at his frazzled self. Even though the rules are apart of the little deal, and what happened on your couch was outside of that, they still stare him down knowingly. In his room, he runs his hands over his face, rough in comparison to how you treated him with such care beforehand. This entire ordeal has plunged you both into a grey area, yet you both choose to ignore the reality staring you both in the face.

You assume you're overthinking, especially when he sends you a message telling you he'll see you tomorrow. Sends a good morning message. Smiley face. Behind the kindness and normality, lies pins and needles, an awkward and unmoving feeling that you both need to confront head on. But you won't. Because that's just how you are.

A phone call gets you out of your morning slump, as much as you wanted your beauty sleep, you couldn't help tossing and turning to the thought of being on top of your best friend.

"Hello?" Voice scratchy, you hold the phone to your ear with your shoulder, making a bowl of cereal you probably won't finish.

"Change of plans." Jungkook doesn't sound as terrible as you, but hints of his morning voice still crackles through the phone. "What? What's wrong?" Maybe he's second guessing the entire thing. Maybe he doesn't want to go with you? You've made things too awkward. You put your phone on speaker and set it down on the counter, waiting for a response.

Devotion In Ink - JJKOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara