12. Feeling The Burn

SHE — TYLER THE CREATOR, FRANK OCEAN

The muffling shriek that departs from your lips when Jungkook collapses on top of your tired body is enough to wake the dead

The muffling shriek that departs from your lips when Jungkook collapses on top of your tired body is enough to wake the dead. You're— you were enjoying bathing in the warmth of your satin pillows and soft sheets, but of course too much luxury wasn't allowed for you.

Jungkook, with his second key to your home, took the liberty of getting up at fuck all hours of the morning, his schedule, which consists of annoying you, starting earlier than usual. He didn't intend to crush you at first. He did knock, plus he warned you the night before that you should be up early. Didn't really mention that you should be up and ready by six in the morning. If he was really cruel, he would've woken you up for five.

Then again, he knows your sleep schedule, most nights you don't get to bed until two or three. Mostly because you're up sketching, or talking to him.

He had peeked into the dimness of your room, faintly making out the rise and fall of the duvets you protect yourself in. Gently rapped his knuckles against the wooden door. Nothing but z's. Called your name too, you were encapsulated by the Sandman, he sprinkled golden dust over your nose and you fell hypnotised, oblivious to the outside world.

Jungkook figured he'd give you ten minutes, just to be kind. So he waited. Helped himself to some early morning brekkie, would've turned on the TV and watched anything, but he has the attention span of a toddler, five episodes in and before you know it, he's spent the whole day on the couch.

Ten minutes up, he doesn't bother trying to be silent once he walks over to you. Sits on the empty side of the bed. Figures he's got to take a nap here someday.

His fingers poke the softness of your cheek, "Wake up."
Voice raspy from forcing his own body awake, he nudges you again. He shakes your shoulder, and if he hadn't known you as well as he does, he would've genuinely thought you had died.

Hearing you groan and turn over, he pulls the covers off of your body, and you immediately retract into a fetal position, the sudden breeze making you grumble.

"Fuck off, gremlin." Throat scratchy, you find comfort in squeezing the pillows closer to your head.
"Get up, we need to get those muscles moving." No response.

You silently drift off, thankful you can't hear his voice anymore. Until your bones are eventually crushed under the hydraulic pressure which is Jungkook.

"Get. Up." The weight doesn't let up, he spreads like a starfish on top of you, and he laughs when you scream at him, body heavy as a boulder, wriggly as a worm. So much for being light as a feather and stiff as a board. Truth is, you could've actually fallen asleep like that too, but if he's putting all this effort in just to get you out of bed, you might as well reward him. Not like you really have a choice, either.

"Please—"
"You gonna get up?"

You pull out your arm, which was clamped between his shoulder and your knee. Use it to smack his head, gently of course, "Well I can't really get up if you're trying to kill me."