15. Air It Out

For context for one of my references; Phil Connors is the main character of the movie 'Groundhog Day', a film where a man relives the same day over and over.

CANDY — DOJA CAT

It's been three days and you're both losing your minds

It's been three days and you're both losing your minds. Every day appears the same without Jungkook here to disrupt your schedule. Wake up, go to work, order in, sleep, and repeat. Jungkook offers spontaneity to your life, so without him you're suddenly Phil Connors; waking up to Chers' voice over and over again.

The days are painstakingly slow, they drag out as if they were twelve nails on a chalkboard, and as much as you value your coworkers, the energy in the building drains you. Not to mention what else is on your mind. There are less than forty-eight hours until Iseul — sorry, Satans' wedding; frankly if you could travel back in time and beat the shit out of your mindfucked self for even thinking about going in the first place, you absolutely would. What did you think Jungkook would get out of this? Closure? No, but you can't beat yourself up about this. Your heart was in the right place, it just miscommunicates with your brain sometimes. Beats irregularly, but at least it gets the job done.

Apart from that, you've still been speaking to Jey. Is it wrong to say he's charming? Well he's had the experience, clearly. As much as you roll your eyes when his notifications pop up instead of Jungkooks', you still catch yourself smiling at his messages. It's just the attention, you tell yourself.

Your last interest was your boyfriend, and being around Jia and Jimin doesn't really help your lust for love. You don't necessarily want a relationship right now, you just like the idea of being in one, the shared kisses, the hand holding, the dates, the sex. God, the sex. It wasn't exactly great, but at least you had it. It was good at the beginning, at least. The yearning, the craving of being full.

Been practically forever since you've fucked with anyone, might as well call yourself a virgin. Sometimes the fear washed over you that your ex was your first and your last. And considering he's shaped your idea of sex into a bad one, it bums you out.

Maybe you could sleep with Jey.

Well, no, nothing happens with him until you speak to Jungkook about it.

You know that if you were him, you would want to know, so you're doing you both a solid. Communication is key. Jey hasn't let up on asking you out on dates, asks you what music you listen to, what places in the city you've visited, where you want to go. It's hard not to mention your best friend when he asks, a habit you need to drop. Anyway, you tease him, tell him you'll check your schedule and that you're a busy woman — which isn't exactly a lie.

In the meantime, the monotonous buzz of your tattoo gun drills holes into your ears. And your clients' skin.

"Nearly finished, you're doing great." You smile, pausing to dip the nozzle into a small cup of ink. The girl you're inking smiles back.