chapter 1

Scott McCall glanced around with wide eyes as he stood by his locker, a choking feeling in his chest as he did. He didn't notice his best friend waving his arms frantically at him and practically yelling about some sort of altercation with some random jock on the soccer team- no one really talked about their sport and yet they still thought they were all that.

Not the point.

The beta sniffed in a deep breath, flitting his gaze between every student walking his way.

Something was wrong.

Different.

A new smell.

Or multiple.

He couldn't recognise it, his mind immediately going to Derek. Should he tell him?

No.

Not until he found out what it was.

Once again blanking his friend, he turned to the side as the scent got stronger.

He looked around frantically, just trying to find where it was coming from. What it was. Who it was.

Scott gave one last glance to the right and nearly turned round again to start a conversation with the Stilinski boy next to him when he finally saw something strange.

An unfamiliar face, a boy: light brown hair that flowed over his eyes that stayed down on the ground, pale and skinny, sickly almost. He was shorter than most of the others, bumping into nearly everyone he stepped past.

He wore a green zip up hoodie, the sleeves passing over his hands. And his shoes were basically falling apart, holes visible from all angles.

Scott frowned, his eyes wandering around the edges of his body. A light green aura surrounding him. Maybe it was a trick of light.

Or something.

But it was light it was glowing off of him.

"Stiles..." No response, the boy kept on mumbling about Jordan Wilkes from soccer. "Stiles!" The boy with a buzz cut looked over finally, honey eyes staring over. "Do you see that?"

Stiles furrowed his brows, looking over to where his friend was pointing, "see what?"

"That boy, do you see the light around him?"

He looked over to Scott's eyeline, spotting the new face in amongst everyone else, raising his brows when all he says was a teenager who looked like they'd been through a rough night.

And past couple of years maybe

"No. He looks pretty normal to me. Why? You see it?"

Scott frowned and shook his head, "no. No. Just thought I did. Let's get to class, get it over with so we can go find Lydia."

Stiles nodded slowly, looking between his friend and the new boy with a glance of intrigue before following him. Trailing after like a little puppy.

Levi Powis gulped deeply, green eyes glaring a hole into the door handle as he bit his lip.

He'd spent his first half hour in the school talking to the principal, which just so happened to make him late for his first class- English.