chapter 20

"Levi!"

The shorter brunette spun around, seeing a taller, brown haired, honey eyed boy.

Stiles stopped just in front of him, taking a scan of his friend's body.

The Powis looked completely different. Despite the same scrawny, small body and nervous eyes, his whole style had changed.

Instead of the green hoodie and baggy joggers, he now wore black jeans and a white turtle neck. He looked... Expensive.

But as he looked over the teenager, he also noticed the dark circles under his eyes.

Levi blinked, waiting for Stiles to say something.

"Oh, um... I haven't seen you since... What happened to you?"

The green-eyed boy raised his brow, tilting his head to see what he was talking about.

Only to see his stare right on his body.

"Right. Lydia took me shopping a few days ago and bought me a whole new wardrobe. It was fun."

Slowly, the Stilinski nodded, taking it in.

Levi.

And.

Lydia.

Something in his heart clenched at the idea of those two hanging together.

Licking his lips, Levi could feel something surround the other boy. He felt warm... Excited?

No.

Never felt that before.

Weird.

"Yeah... So... How have you been? I mean, you just kind of passed out and disappeared for a week."

"I've been great. I've had like a week long sleepover at the Martin's house. Her parents are starting to get suspicious of me. Her mum is scary." He shook at the thought of Lydia's mum walking in on them, expecting to see them doing something.

Levi didn't know why Lydia had let him stay.

Well, he did.

But, they'd never really spoken before, and despite the fact that he'd felt her emotions to a whole new level, he never thought she'd take him in as a charity project.

When he'd left the vet clinic a day after he got there, he'd thought about what he should do.

And quite frankly, the one thing he was sure about, was that he wasn't going home.

He'd been missing for a while, and as soon as he got home, his dad would sure as hell take it out on him.

So, Levi stayed on the street for two days. He hid in an alley, ignoring the sympathy and disgust from passerbys.

And then one passerby was a specific redhead.

She had bags of shopping in her hands, all different colours.

She'd stopped right in front of him, waiting till he woke up on his own, and smiled, inviting him to go on a spree with her.

Never once did she ask, or even mention what he was doing sleeping on a cardboard box next to a bin.

But she did tell him he'd be staying at her house.

No choice.

And that was that.

They'd been together nearly every second of every day for the last 4 days, and he was having the best time of his life.

The only negative being when it came time to sleep.