chapter 19

They'd found out what they wanted from Jackson.

Or most of it.

Actually, they pretty much got nothing before the lizard beast had escaped thanks to the fact that Stiles had to break the mountain ash barrier and killed a new victim.

He'd sat with an unconscious Levi for around five minutes before realising Derek had left him with Scott. Leaving him alone.

Luckily for him, it seemed Levi was about as heavy as a pebble. Even though the Stilinski boy constantly put himself down when it came to how strong he was, he'd managed to carry him all the way to his Jeep and laid him in the backseat.

He sighed as he sat in the driver's seat.

Tapping his fingers against the steering wheel, the boy pursed his lips.

Where was he going to take him?

Not home, that's for sure.

Not after seeing those bruises. He knew that his dad must've done it. After that drunken night at the club, the words Levi had said. It had to have been him. He wouldn't leave the unconscious boy there if it saved his life.

The hospital?

He didn't know how serious this could be.

Was he going to die?

Gulping, Stiles realised the best place to go was to Deaton.

He knew everything there was to know about the supernatural.

And quite frankly, he hoped that he'd know why he'd collapsed on him.

And why he wasn't waking up.

"Deaton! You here?"

He noticed the desk was empty, but he could hear some shuffling in the back.

"Stiles? It's late what are you-"

Deaton came to the doorway, cutting himself off as he saw the two boys. Or rather the boy and the unconscious figure in his arms that had started to become heavy.

"We were at the club. Everything was fine, and then he came out complaining about a ringing and then he collapsed!"

His heart was beating quickly.

He didn't know why he was so worried.

But he was.

As he looked down at the Powis boy's unnaturally pale face, and his unusual skinny body, he couldn't help but let his heart break at the thought of losing him before they even got to know each other properly.

The vet nodded gravely, telling him to put him on the table he usually examined animals in.

"I just had Scott here, you know. The Argent's tried poisoning him and shooting Derek."

Stiles' eyes widened.

That was a shock.

He thought the Argent's had a deal with Scott. As long as he stayed away from Allison...

Which he hadn't been doing.

"What is he?"

The Stilinski looked up, only realising that he was actually asking him a question when he saw him looking at him. It felt like he was underwater or something, voices muffled as he realised just how screwed they all were.

"Uh-um, an empath. Yeah. An empath."

Deaton paused for a moment.

He glanced down at the unconscious boy, seeing his eyes flirt around under their lids, like he was having a bad dream.