chapter 7

Eyes cautiously glancing around the room, Levi pulled a shirt over his head. Let's just say gym was boring as hell, yet another hour of running, skipping and pretending like he did it everyday to avoid the judgement of being out of breath for even a second.

His pale skin turned red at his cheeks, making him take a large swing of fresh cold water from his bottle.

As he lowered it, two figures came into view right into front of him.

And when I say right in front of him, I mean if they leaned an inch closer...

Yeah.

Nearly choking, the Powis boy set down his bottle and looked up at them, now seeing both Scott and Stiles staring at him weirdly.

"Can I help you?"

He felt their curiosity.

Their judgement.

Their weariness.

"What are you doing here?"

Scott nudge his friend in the ribs, the latter letting out a small 'ouch' at the touch.

"I was just getting changed..."

"No. You know what I mean? What are you doing here?"

He frowned, shaking his head in wonder.

Their emotions didn't let him in on the secret of what they were talking about. Those were something he usually heavily relied on.

"Putting clothes on?"

Stiles' eye twitched in irritation causing Scott to push him back slowly and take over the conversation.

"He means, why'd you come to Beacon Hills?"

The Stilinski boy nodded and gestured to him as if saying 'yeah that's right' before adding on, "did you get attacked at night by a weird animal. Did it bite you?"

Levi furrowed his brows, laughing softly.

So these guys were crazy.

That makes more sense.

At least he didn't have to hold a grudge against the boy anymore for nearly getting him beaten for getting kicked out of class.

Again.

Yay.

"Okay... I gotta go to Spanish."

Stiles arched a brow.

"Please, I'm in your class. We have it fourth."

Levi internally rolled his eyes.

"Right, I meant Geometry. Very important lesson to me. Bye."

As he tried to walk past them, a hand gripped his forearm and pulled him back. He clenched his jaw, following the arm to the culprit: Stiles.

"Listen," Scott started with, "if Derek says anything to do, anything, don't believe it. We know you're something. And he probably does to. Just be careful."

Derek?

Something?

Oh shit.

The two boys noticed his immediate change in posture, slight fear crossing his eyes before they became blank again.

"I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about. I don't know who Derek is, and he definitely doesn't know me. So, I'll be off."

This time he succeeded in exiting the room, bag swinging side to side on his shoulder as the duo watched him go.