chapter 18

Party.

Chill.

Relax.

Dance.

Levi Powis rolled his tongue over his teeth. He looked around nervously, and very faint if we're being honest.

He could feel the hammering in his head. And at some point he felt like he could just fall onto the floor right then and there. If it wasn't for the buzzing crowd pressing against him or the fact that he had just seen someone throw up elsewhere and he didn't wanna be in the same place as it had ended up.

The smaller boy grinded his teeth at the pain, trying to remember what the hell he was doing there.

The group of teens sat at a table in the cafeteria, watching as Stiles brought over a reluctant Levi over to them.

Scott awkwardly raised his hand in greeting, Allison smiling tightly. Isaac and Erica rolled their eyes at the couple's obviousness.

"Hey guys. As you all know, this is Levi... He's helping us tonight. Jackson asked him on a date."

The Powis widened his eyes.

"What? No, it's not a date."

Isaac smirked and leant on his clasped knuckles, "what would you call it then?"

As much as Scott wanted to continue the conversation about their plan, he wanted to see where this went. Levi and him didn't have many interactions. He just knew the boy was scared of what was happening, exactly as he was when he first got turned.

He wanted to get a feel on who he was.

It also helped that he could see Stiles' eye twitch in jealousy as Isaac egged him on.

"Uh I don't know. Maybe he's trying to kill me. I went to the club with you two, that wasn't a date." The two betas smirked again and glanced at each other. He could sense the amusement surrounding him from the entire group as they watched the clueless boy. "What? It wasn't a date right?"

Erica grinned, flashing her pearly white teeth.

"What did you want it to be?"

Stiles scoffed and pushed himself forward so he'd be 'in charge' of the conversation.

"Are you gonna tell him the plan or what?"

Allison chuckled quietly, hiding her mouth with her hand as her boyfriend subtly put his on her knee.

The McCall boy nodded with a smile and turned to look at the green eyed teen.

"Right. So, if you're going on the date with Jackson th-"

"It's not a date."

Scott snickered again.

"Fine. If you're meeting up with Jackson at the rave, you're in charge of keeping him distracted."

Levi frowned.

"I thought I was in charge of finding out who's controlling him."

"You are."

The Argent raised a questioning brow, wondering where he was going with this.

"I don't think you know this about me, probably not, but I'm not too good about doing multiple things at once."

Stiles furrowed his brows at him, looking at the boy.

"What the hell do you mean you can't do two things at once?"