chapter 2

"Hey! Wait up!" Levi frowned slightly as he turned around, hearing an unfamiliar voice from behind him. His green eyes narrowed as he found the face he'd been seeing the entire day. Only this time, he was alone. No twins either side of him. Instead he was slowly jogging toward him, a bright grin on his face. "You dropped this."

The Powis boy glanced down at his outstretched hand, his brows furrowing as he saw his phone.

He could've sworn it was just in his pocket...

"Oh. Thanks?"

The boy nodded, seemingly passing it back before yanking his arm back as soon as Levi tried to take it back.

He smiled widely as the empath scowled lightly.

"Sorry, here..." He held out his hand again, but when Levi refused to attempt taking it back, he took his wrist and gently placed the phone in his palm. "So... what's your name?" He bit his lip, and scanned the teen up and down, almost as if he could seduce him with just one look.

The Powis swallowed, his throat getting dry.

He tried his best to get a gage on his emotions, but it was hard to focus on them. With the flirtatious stares and calming heartbeat, his head was all over the place.

"Levi."

"Nice name, I'm Nico. Samson."

Levi nodded, turning his stare away to the end of the corridor, letting out a relieved sigh as he saw Lydia rushing down.

He didn't think he'd ever seen her move so fast.

But there she was, already wrapping her arm around his as she eyed up the new boy, who was staring her down with an almost intimidating smirk.

"And who is this, Levi?"

"Nico Samson."

She hummed, letting her green eyes scan him up and down with an unimpressed expression.

"Lydia Martin. Why don't you run away back to the twins, hm? I have to talk to my friend." Nico licked his lips, sending one last lingering stare at the boy before walking away, leaving the brunet with a very confused redhead. "What happened to Stiles?"

He frowned, "what do you mean? Is he alright?"

Lydia rolled her eyes.

"He's fine. I meant why are you flirting with this new guy when he's still very much hung up on you."

Levi squinted, "I wasn't flirting." He then thought about it, suddenly aware of his actions. "Oh my god. I was flirting wasn't I? Oh my god."

The redhead shook her head, smiling slightly.

"You have a lot to learn, Powis. Luckily, you have me. Now come on, let's get to class. I'm pretty sure we have a new teacher. Please let him be hot, please let him hot."

He laughed at her and began to follow the girl down the hall, only stopping when, once again, he heard his name being yelled from a few metres away.

"Mr Powis! Mr Powis!" The pair turned around, seeing Mr Crawford pushing past a few students to reach them. "May I speak to you for a moment?" His eyes briefly spotted Lydia's confused face. "In my office?"

Levi pursed his lips, but he recognised the concerned worries filling the teacher's mind so quickly nodded.

"Yeah sure. Lydia, could you-"

"Sure, whatever. Don't be too long, I don't want some rando sitting by me in English."

He smiled at her and watched her strut away for a moment.