chapter 8

Levi chewed on his lower lip, pushing his body closer to the wall.

Mr Harris droned on about the practical for what seemed like hours. The pair of boys sat at the back of the class, multiple pairs of eyes staring at them every now and then just to make sure one hadn't died or something like that.

Isaac gave a small grin whether to himself or the boy next to him Scott didn't know. He watched as the dirty blond scuffed his chair to the right slightly, moving closer to him.

The McCall boy tuned out his teacher's droning voice and the blond sat next to him trying desperately to get his attention.

He tried his best to gain Stiles' attention, but already saw the sarcastic boy looking over at the duo already, him an Allison talking in hushed whispers.

Lydia was sat with another guy in the front row, in everyone's view.

Thank god.

She was safe at least.

"I never did get to ask why you were in such a rush on your first day..."

Levi narrowed his brows, tapping his pencil on the desk, as he tried his best to listen to both the teen and the teacher at the front.

"Nope."

Isaac leaned in close, fiddling slightly with the test tubes in front of them.

"You know, Erica told me what you did. In gym. That was really nice."

"Yep."

Briefly, the Powis let his eyes scan across the room, spotting nearly a quarter of the students in there staring right back at him.

He noticed everyone else had started to pick up their equipment and look at the instructions, also noticing the lack of the bored monotone voice in the background.

"So, do you wanna start or shall I?"

Isaac grinned, flashing his very white teeth at him.

It was charming.

And if it wasn't for the distinct smell of deceit wrapping around him, he would've fallen for it.

God, if he wasn't an empath the things he would fall for.

"You can. I've never been too good at Chemistry."

Levi nodded and reached forward to grab a test tube and sheet of paper, only for it to be pulled away at the last second.

He spared a glance at his lab partner, seeing that same smirk that he apparently always had on his face.

Slowly, Isaac moved his hands forward and gave him the stuff, causing the boy to reluctantly take them out of his hands

Levi let his eyes fall to the instructions, his heart clenching as he realised his mistake.

Great.

Trying really hard, the brunette squinted in an attempt to decipher at least one word.

But no.

All he saw was a jumbled mess of letters and numbers.

"Need any help?"

Begrudgingly, Levi handed over the sheet and watched as the boy quickly got started, ordering him about to grab things and put them where he needed them.

The rest of the five minutes went by pretty quickly, thank god. No more remarks. No more smirks, apart from when he nearly dropped a tube on the floor but saved it last second.

As the bell dinged, Mr Harris paired everyone up again.

This time, the students were as follows:

Scott and Lydia