Chapter 8 (First Awakening)

"No. We talked about it. I will accompany you." Riveria spoke, an iron-clad tone that demanded no counterargument. 

"I can manage just fine on my own." Aleus presented his argument regardless, making Riveria's brow twitch.

It has been three days since Aleus uncovered the truth about Syr. Although he himself did not know about why Loki was so excited after hearing to his deductions about Syr, he could at least tell this much that Syr was not who she showed herself to be. 

In simple words, someone in a disguise.

However, right now, that wasn't what he needed to concern himself with. 

His sister—Riveria—was in an extremely bad mood. 

Not only Aleus but the other members of the 『Loki Familia』 were forcing her to allow Aleus go into the dungeon on his own. And while the beginning floors were something most adventurers with individual stats in I or H rank could easily handle. 

But the reason why she was worried was not because she thought Aleus would die. It was because his peculiar nature of deliberately harming himself and his curiosity leading to him going into the upper floors was what made her not agree to them.

"I think I can go up to 『Floor 3』 without dying or struggling much." Aleus spoke again.

"Spar and fight to death are two very different things, Aleus. Do not talk about it like you are aware of the difference." Riveria sudden statement shut most of the mouths up. 

"Bete sure was trying to kill me." 

"Pretty valid." Gareth agreed. The others nodded their heads in conjunction, casting hateful gazes—albeit jokingly—at Bete.

"W-What? I was just trying to toughen him up..."

"By breaking his bones every day for the last 4 days? Sure." Lefiya snorted, making the other nod their heads in tandem once again. 

"Regardless..." Riveria continued, crossing her arms, "...monsters in a dungeon are cunning. They can plan and ambush as well. And no matter how brave you are, there is always this revulsion towards ending a life for a newbie. Especially for someone as sheltered as you."

Bete was about to talk but stayed silent. What she said was not wrong. For someone like Aleus, who was kept inside the great forest and was bullied, ending a life could be a hard task. But only if it was the actual Aleus.

The Aleus in front of them had no regard for a human life. Let alone an unintelligent monster.

"Huh? Are you worried about monsters ambushing them? He can literally read Bete's trajectory. Even though he's holding back a lot. That is way beyond something a 『Level 1』 can accomplish." Gareth added.

"I hate to engage in conversations like this since these are annoying but..." Bete interjected, "...your brother is strong. Freakishly so. Kind of amazing how he is able to pull all this despite being sheltered in that damned forest."

Suddenly Ais, who was silent until now, took a step forward and placed her hand on Aleus' shoulder. "We can observe his performance in 『Floor 1』 and then decide what to do later."

Riveria sighed heavily. "That can work."

Ais nodded and looked at Aleus, patting him on his shoulder. "Goodluck."

"Hmm. Thank you." 

(***)

ALEUS POV