Chapter 17 (Confuzzlement)

~5033 words. 

"I am guessing other than Finn, no one knows you are here." Aleus' muffled voice reached Loki's ears, as she sat atop him, her legs extended to each side as her fingers trailed over his back. 

"Boy. Mind telling me what ya did to y'erself? This ain't normal." She spoke, surprised, her voice betraying the usual confident facade.

"I died. A few times. Almost."

"Still doesn't explain scant. Weird." She spoke again, equally surprised. 

"Do you mind if I ask you something?"

"Ask away."

"Did it felt like it was tampered with? The seal you have placed on my status?" Aleus asked as Loki took a deep breath and pressed her hands against his bare back. 

"Yeah. It does feel like someone tried to somehow unlock the seal I put on ya, but they didn't succeed in doing so." Loki replied, her thin eyes narrowing, "Still don't know who captured ya as well. Any guesses?"

Aleus fell in deep thought. 

"No idea."

"That was a lie."

"I have an idea, but it won't be correct. So, it is better to not tell you and guide you in wrong direction." Aleus replied. 

"Aight. Anyways, congrats! Wanna scurry down to the pub for couple a pints? Y'er can have a good natter over a brew or two with that elf missy." Loki commented with a shrewd smirk, as she hopped down the bed. 

Currently, they were inside one of the executive rooms on one of the upper most floors. 

"Not in a mood. I will return back to the dungeon." Aleus replied, slipping his shirt back on. 

"Ehhh, then, not taken by her, are ya? What a shame, she's a right stunner. You're letting that handsome mug of yours go to waste, you are." Loki commented. 

"Taken by her?" Aleus tilted is head in confusion, "Not sure what gave that impression, but no." 

"Well, that's a bit of a bummer. Anyways, you ought to meet up with your sister one of these days. She's proper worried about ya."

"That can wait. I am not running away." Aleus replied, buttoning up his shirt. 

"Hmm. Well that's odd."

"What is?"

"Children's words in front of us Gods always spill the beans, either with lies or truths. Can't quite put my finger on whether what you just said was a fib or the real deal. What's the scoop?"

Aleus turned around, picking up the sword from the nearby table. "How would I know? I haven't decided on it." The grin on her face grew wider. "Not yet. Time will tell, maybe."

"Hehe, gotta admit, you're a bit of a crafty one, ain't ya?"

"Goodbye, Loki. See you later."

"See ya."

As he left, Loki looked back. "Well, ya heard him y'erself."

"..." The person in question only nodded, eyes gleaming as they watched him go.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Bell! How many times do I have to remind you!"

"B-But—"

"No buts." Eina slammed her fist into the table separating the two of them that was placed between them, her elven features lined with worry and anger at the same time. "It is not just about you having such deep ties with a member of another Familia. It is more about your so much involvement in this current matter!"