Chapter 20 (A heart stained with jealousy.)

"Loki."

"Yo. 'Sup Aleus!"

"Can I get a bit of your blood?"

"Sur--WHAT!?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I can't believe I've woken this early..." Lefiya mumbled to herself as she exited the room, her long golden ponytail swishing behind her.

It had already been five days after War Games and four days since their confrontation with Revis and her creatures down on the twenty-fourth floor.

After succumbing to Mind Down and resting for nearly three days straight, Lefiya had never been more awake. 

Feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, unable to sleep even a moment longer, she felt her elven ears twitch back and forth as she tiptoed down the narrow hallway.

Might as well take this opportunity to train, right?

She curled her hands into two tight fists, brimming with determination.

The incident on the twenty-fourth floor had reminded her of how powerless she really was. 

It reaffirmed her resolve to become stronger, not only to ensure she'd never drag down her seniors in Loki Familia but for her own sake, as well. Even more so after Aleus pulled a miracle out of his ass by defeating someone a Level higher than him. 

Even though it was because of the element of surprise. 

Despite that, a flame sparked in her azure eyes.

'This early, I might even get the chance to train with Miss Ais!' She thought, giggling to herself.

Her usual dignified, composed elven countenance dissipated in an instant. There was no one Lefiya looked up to more than the golden-haired, golden- eyed swordswoman. 

She never missed a training session, waking up in the wee hours morning after morning to hone her blade work. If Lefiya left now, there was a chance she could spend time with her dazzling goddess. 

Feeling just a tad bit sneaky, or maybe more than a little, her feet seemed to be practically skipping as she hurried along.

'Eh-heh-heh.' She kept giggling to herself, the thought of training alone with Ais without anyone interrupting her feeling like a dream come true. 

In a delightful mood, she steered herself toward Ais' usual training spot in the courtyard.

"Hmm... This is strange. Perhaps I am too early, after all?"

Lefiya peered down from the bridge connecting the tower, searching for her golden-haired, golden-eyed warrior in the courtyard below. 

Strangely, she was nowhere to be found. 

The magic-stone pole lamps hadn't even been lit yet, leaving the grass of the courtyard still bathed in darkness. 

Lefiya cocked her head in curiosity. True, the shorthand on the timepiece had yet to reach three. Perhaps even Aiz had her limits.

Lefiya drooped in the middle of the bridge, gloom weighing heavily on her shoulders. Finally, she renewed her resolve, intent on starting her training alone all the same.

"Huh? Miss Ais? And is that..."

At that exact moment, Lefiya caught a glimpse of the very person she was looking for. A person she was looking for, and another one she was not expecting. 

A golden head, and a silver one. Sneaking up close, she got a bit closer, but not enough to alert any of them. Even though Aleus was lower level than him, his senses were a bit too sensitive, surpassing anyone on his level.