Chapter 12 (A Dungeon Date)

"Alrighty..." Wrapping himself in the armour that he had bought yesterday, Bell took a look at himself in the mirror. It went quite well with his inner clothing, that was the black shirt he usually used to wear beneath his jacket. 

The emerald, green protector lightly glimmered in the dim lighting. 

"I am heading out, Goddess." Bell spoke out loud, rushing towards the staircase that led upstairs. 

"Have a good day!" Hestia replied with an almost equal vigour, her heart filling with a plethora of feelings. It wasn't the first time. Every time Bell left, she would feel this way. 

Bell ran up, leaving the hidden room of the only church in Orario, dagger and Divine Knife custom made by Hephaistos, tucked into the armour behind his lower back. 

 "Oka.....Huh?" As the sight of the azure blue sky greeted his eyes, he saw someone standing right in front of the church. 

"Good morning." Aleus greeted, his hands tucked inside his pockets. 

"G-Good morning." Bell greeted back, running up to him, "Wait, did I tell you I lived here?"

"Not really." Aleus replied, tilting his head, "Your skin is paler than your actual complexion. I think you can work out the rest. Although I had to try somewhere else before. Turned out it was some hideout of sorts, but still, I finally managed to find you."

"Ohh, you have a good sight. I could never see those details." Bell replied, sheepishly scratching the back of his head. 

"You see everything. You just need to observe more." Aleus suggested, his dull eyes tracing Bell's equipment. 

"Uhhh, Aleus?" 

"Hm?"

"Aren't you bit... underdressed?" Bell spoke, looking at his attire. He was wearing a long robe over his jacket with high collars, covering half of his face. 

"I am a mage. So, I will be counting on you to save me if a monster gets too close." Aleus replied, leaving bell dumbfounded. 

"E-Even so... you need to at least have some basic equipment against physical attacks."

"You sound like Rose. Let's go." Aleus turned around, making Bell run after him.

(****)

Following the road down of the West Main that led towards the Central Park, Aleus moved side by side with Bell, joining the waves of adventurers that were going towards the Babel Tower. 

Aleus suddenly shuddered, looking behind. 

"Is something wrong, Aleus?" Bell asked, following his gaze. 

"Uh, nothing. Just felt like someone was watching me." Aleus replied, still looking in a certain direction. 

"You get that feeling too, right? I also sometimes feel like someone is watching me." Bell complained, as a shiver ran down his spine. 

'This is new. Is this perhaps just someone who likes to probe into people's business? Or is it intentional?'

"Sometimes, yeah." 

Both of them turned around, as they started to continue towards the entrance of the tower, while talking on the way. 

"Mister, mister. Mister with the white hair."

Bell stopped in his tracks, "Is someone calling out to you?" He asked.

"My hair is silver, Bell." Aleus replied in a low tone, as he looked down at the source of the voice.