Chapter 15 (Denatus)

Thanks to Hyakki for making the art above. All hail the Hentai God. ^

--Earlier That Day--

"The challenge has already been issued. However, despite the lack of any kind of reply or word, it seems quite clear that it would not be accepted." Finn spoke, his voice marking the start of their meeting as almost all of the executives in the Loki Familia sat around a long table. 

Finn and Loki were seated at the opposite sides of the table, indicative of their Patron God and Captain position. Since it was a formal meeting, the attention to detail was also present there.

"We have still not laid out the conditions. That must be the reason." Riveria spoke, the previous raging mood replaced by a serene one, as she sat with her arms and legs crossed, her staff leaning against the table. 

Despite this being a meeting, she had kept it close to herself, as if she was ready to bolt out at any given moment. Finn kept a level eye at everyone. There was no lingering tension amongst them, however, a collective unease—barely perceptible—still lingered like a fog. 

It was not because of they were afraid of the Apollo Familia. That was certainly not the case. One of the executives alone could handle the entire Familia. However, what weighed down like a wet blanket on them was the decision— no, rather the stipulations for the War Game that Loki and Aleus had decided on. 

"That is one thing. But it all seems too..." Loki interjected, her feet raised above as she sat in a lotus position in her chair, "...smooth. Almost as if someone had planned it for us."

"That is something that has been troubling me as well. My thumb has been throbbing for a while now." Finn agreed, biting at the tip of his thumb. "It seems too complex to not have been tampered with. And from the general outlook of things, if someone did instigate it, we have fell for it. Our options have been reduced to declaring it on them. It's either War Game or Civil Unrest due to the elves going on a rampage."

"Agreed." Gareth agreed, his voice firm. 

"Hmm." Ais hummed as well, nodding her head as she also agreed to it. 

Bete stayed silent, the irritation bubbling inside him but at times like this, he decided to not talk much. 

"So, what are we going to do now?" Ais asked, raising her voice.

"Aleus has something planned. He said he'd make them accept the proposal. However, he needs someone to accompany him." Finn replied, interlocking his fingers, "Knowing him, the first thought that comes to mind is something that does not involve physical altercation."

"That would make the most sense. Since he can't do it anyways, regardless of even if he wants to." Gareth commented, stroking his beard. 

"True. But that is exactly why I think there would be something that we have not planned or accounted for." Finn spoke, making everyone look at him with wide eyes.

"Don't you hold him in an unusually high regard? He is a kid. Moreso by elven standards, he might as well be a toddler in their eyes."

 "But is that really so?" Finn asked, making Gareth ponder over something. "We all have seen how freakish he gets inside the dungeon, or even during the spars. And while he is still at the beginning levels, seeing his growth curvature, it might not be long where we all would be surprised. And now..." He looked at Loki, "...he has his eyes set on someone."

"I don't think that kid has it in him to pursue revenge or something so superficial as such." Riveria added her own thoughts. 

"Superficial or not, it varies from person to person. I think you have understood it until now as well, Riveria..." Finn paused, letting his words sink in as a bead of sweat rolled down Riveria's face, "...he is going to take lives. Something we don't tolerate."