Chapter 18 (War Game Day!)

"Ryuu."

Gasping, the elf woke up, her heavy eyes looking all around her. It was a voice she had never heard before.

"Oh, it is that day already."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The city pulsated with life as the highly anticipated War Game was finally about to unfold within its bustling confines.

An electric atmosphere of fervor and passion permeated the air, an unusual vibrancy not typically witnessed within the city walls.

In response to the fervent Gods' demands, posters adorned every conceivable surface, transforming the urban landscape into a canvas of anticipation.

The city's establishments embraced the occasion, with bars flinging open their doors earlier than usual.

Restaurant and food stand workers stood poised, ready for the imminent influx of patrons.

The reason for this heightened excitement laid in the divine insistence on saturating the city with advertisements, creating a spectacle that demanded the attention of all.

The dominating imagery on the posters belonged to Apollo Familia, proudly showcasing their burning sun and bow emblem.

In the retrospect, not much effort was poured into the joker insignia of the Loki Familia. However, just looking at it was enough to make a shiver go down everyone's spine. After all, it was one of the two strongest Familias in Orario.

The city dwellers couldn't help but be captivated by the grandeur of it all.

Adventurers, typically bound for the Dungeon, diverted their attention on this exceptional day.

Instead of the usual foray into the depths, they crammed into their favourite bars, the establishments swelling with the steady influx of more eager participants.

Citizens fortunate enough to secure a day off flooded Central Park, their collective anticipation palpable, waiting with bated breath for the resounding opening bell.

It was not that it crowd favorites were going to fight. The main reason for all this excitement was that a Level 1 was fighting against a Level 3, and from the looks of it, the Familia seemed confident.

Another big reason was because one of the participants involved was a High Elf.

A voice resonated through the excited chatter, cutting through the air like a herald of the impending spectacle.

"Test-test, one... two... Ahem. Good morning and good day! I'll be your guide through the unfolding events, the chattering fireball himself, Ganesha Familia's Ibly Archer! You might know me as the Fire Inferno Flame. Remember that name!"

A makeshift stage had been erected in the Guild headquarters' front garden, creating a focal point for the unfolding spectacle.

Positioned at the forefront of this impromptu platform stood a commentator for the War Game, a man with a rich, dark complexion, holding a magic-stone voice magnifier in his grasp.

A sizable gathering had already assembled in front of him, eager to catch every word.

Addressing the crowd, the commentator announced the presence of a distinguished guest, none other than Lord Ganesha himself.

The deity, characterized by his larger-than-life presence, stepped forward to join the commentator, ready to share his insights into the unfolding festivities.

"Lord Ganesha, a word, please!" the commentator requested.

"I am Ganesha!" the deity replied with a sense of grandeur.